Monday, January 23, 2023

{ Blog 365 #23 - Happy Homemaker Monday 01/23/2023 }

 
Good morning friends, come on in out of the cold and grab a cup of coffee.
 
We are currently under a Winter Storm Watch and expecting quite a bit of snow tomorrow.  It's always this time of the year that the cold weather, really comes around.  
 
I hope you all had a blessed weekend with your families.
 
By the way, I will be coming around this morning, to visit everyone and catch up on the Blog 365 posts.  I'm sorry I don't have time to do it daily, but I still want to see what everyone is up to and leave a comment.
 
Now, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday post, for today. 
 
Have a blessed week friends.
Sandra
xoxoxo
 
 
 
 
The Weather:::
It is currently 30 degrees, so a pretty chilly morning for us.  As I said above, we are expecting snow tomorrow, which is my favorite, as long as I don't have to leave the house.  The rest of the week is going to be a little cold too, but no more snow.   
 
Monday - Partly cloudy, 53
Tuesday -  Snow, 37
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 46
Thursday - Mostly Sunny, 45
Friday - Sunny, 55
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 63
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 43



As I look outside my window:::
It is still pitch black outside, so I can't see anything other than my lights hanging on the gazebo. 


Right now I am:::
Sitting in bed, sipping my coffee, and working on this post.   
 


Thinking and pondering:::
About sewing projects I want to do.  I tend to leave my sewing machine packed away for months on end, then when I pull it out, I want to sew, sew, sew as much as I can. 



On my bedside table:::
Bottle of water, my cup of coffee, the tv remote and a crochet hook for the bag I'm finishing off. 
 


On my tv today:::
Youtube videos - homemaking, books

 
 
Listening to:::
A crime video on the tv   
 
 
 
On the lunch plate:::
Crab salad 
 
 
 
On the dinner plate:::
Stuffed Green Peppers, Sauteed Sweet and Spicy Cabbage



On the menu for this week:::
 

Monday - Stuffed Green Peppers, Sauteed Sweet and Spicy Cabbage
 
Tuesday - Carne de panela (Portuguese Beef Tips), Rice, Beans
 
 _MG_3396
 
Wednesday - Fish and Chips, Homemade Tartar Sauce

Thursday -  American Goulash, Salad

Friday -  Teriyaki Steak, Basmati rice, Egg Rolls

Saturday -  Honey Pepper Chicken, Mac and Cheese (this one has been on the menu for the past two weeks, but haven't made it yet)
 
Sunday - Cheesy Kielbasa Bake, Garlic Bread, Salad
 


On my reading pile:::
Ecclesiastes
A Feather on the Water by Lindsay Jane Ashford, on my Kindle



On my to do list:::

Clean and tidy the house
Take out beef for dinner
Carpet Clean Living Room
Bible Study
Sewing
 
 
 
Plans for this week:::
Still haven't made Rissois, but plan on this week
Finish crochet bag 
 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Lucy's Crochet Bag 
 
IMG_4534

  
Plastic Bag Holders



 

My simple pleasure:::

Sewing.  Sitting at my machine, just listening to the rhythmic stitching and seeing a project come together. 
 
 

Looking around the house:::
It is so dark at the moment.  I don't need to clean, just tidy here and there, as the house has remained tidy all weekend long.  
 
There are a few dog and cat toys on the carpet, but I'll pick those up later.     
 


From the camera:::
I made this crochet pin holder, when we were still stationed at Luke AFB in Arizona.  I love it so much, it's one of my favorite crochet makes.  ♥
 
 
 
 
Prayer List:::
My mom.
Tom from church, his sweet wife Kitty, passed away after many years of health issues.
Sherry at church, an older lady who took a bad fall last week.
 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
If Jesus really is the Lord of our lives, then we will follow Him. There is no if, and, or but about it.
 


6 comments:

Julieann said...

Happy Monday, Sandra!
I am so happy to be able to join in today. I look forward to vising everyone. Your little pin holder crochet flower is adorable. I have to make one too. As for your sewing machine, I just posted on my to do list, I must replace the needle I broke it last week :/ oops. I love to sew too. Your menu sounds delightful. When I was making my menu plan, I was debating between cabbage rolls and stuffed peppers. I'm doing cabbage this week, and will do peppers next :)
Have a wonderful day and thank you for doing this. I enjoy it so much🤍
Julieann

threesidesofcrazy said...

That little pin cushion is adorable! And I love the colors in the bag you are crocheting - so springy. I hope the storm doesn't get too crazy, but it is that time of year. Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

A Runners Mom & More said...

It's been decades since I've sewn....I still have the Singer that my Mom taught me on, talk about antique, LOL! I'll take your share of snow....send it on!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! I hope you stay nice and cozy this week. I know snow well. Lol 😂 Prayers for all of those on your list. 🙏 Have a great week!! xo

Luludou said...

I think our snow is in the forecast for Thursday. Stay warm and toasty. As usual, your menu looks so good. Have a great week

Jean said...

Your menu sounds so good this week. I always love snow as well if I can just enjoy it and not worry about driving in it. Though it doesn't beat summertime weather, ha! Hope you have a wonderful week!