Monday, January 09, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/09/2023 - Blog 365 #9 }


 
Good morning sweet friends, welcome back to my blog.  
 
Come on in out of the cold.  It's a bit of a chilly one this morning.  
 
So, first things first.....guess what???  Hubby and I have a head cold.  Hahahahah
Y'all I can't even deal at this point.  The doctor says they are seeing a lot of this the past few months, where people are getting a flu or cold, then getting better, getting hit with it again, getting better, and so on.  Seems to be happening all over the country.  It's definitely strange.  To say we are OVER it, would be an understatement.  Ugh!!!
 
But, thankfully, it is just a head cold, so congestion, runny nose, messed up voices, and sinus pressure, but that's it.  I will take this over the two flus we had between October and December.   
 
Anyway, first, I want to let you all know, that I am seeing all the participants in the Blog 365, I just haven't been able to visit anyone, as I haven't been on my computer much, other than posting a quick blog 365 post every night.  However, starting today, I will be visiting everyone, so that I can catch up and be on top of it.
 
Now without any further ado, let's jump right in to our Happy Homemaker Monday!
 
Have a blessed week friends.
xoxoxo
 
 
 
 
The Weather:::
We've been having pretty nice weather.  The mornings are quite chilly, but then the afternoons are enjoyable.  I am ok with this kind of weather, not too cold and not too hot.  Y
 
Monday - Sunny, 71
Tuesday -  Mostly sunny, 78
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 77
Thursday - Sunny, 58
Friday - Sunny, 61
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 68
Sunday - Mostly cloudy, 72



As I look outside my window:::
Beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky.  There are two squirrels running back and forth, along my back yard fence.  


Right now I am:::
Sitting on my bed, under the warm covers and typing up this post.
 


Thinking and pondering:::
Trying to gather all my to do lists in my brain, so that I can put it on paper this morning.  I tend to have all these things floating about and then end up forgetting. 
 


On my bedside table:::
A box of kleenex, Vicks, bottle of water, lotion and my phone. 
 


On my tv tonight:::
Battlestar Galactica.  I will say, I am not enjoying it.  I find it so, I don't even know how to describe it, but it's definitely nothing like the original version from 1978.  
The camera angels are weird, there's crazy zooming in on faces and then every single episode, has to have some sort of sex scene, which I find so unnecessary.
 
 
 
Listening to:::
Surviving the Survivor episode on Youtube. 
 
 
 
On the lunch plate:::
We have a few steaks leftover from dinner, so I will probably do a steak sandwich for lunch. 
 
 
 
On the dinner plate:::
Feijoada com arroz (Portuguese Bean Stew and rice) 



On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Feijoada com arroz (Portuguese Bean Stew and rice) 
 
Tuesday - Carne a Portuguesa (Portuguese Pork with Potatoes) 
 
 Costeletas a moda do Minho

Wednesday - Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad 
 
Spaghetti Casserole

Thursday - Bratwurst Sausages, Potato Salad

Friday - Brazilian Hotdogs 

Saturday - Pasteis de Massa Tenra, Batatas assadas (Meat Pastries, Roast Potatoes)
 
Pasteis de Massa Tenra

Sunday - Chicken Curry and Rice
 


On my reading pile:::
Ecclesiastes
A Feather on the Water by Lindsay Jane Ashford, on my Kindle



On my to do list:::

Carpet Cleaning living room
Cleaning the house
Laundry
Bible Study
Blog 365 

 
 
Plans for this week:::
Carpet cleaning all rooms, one a day
Get chicken coop up
 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Kitchen Towels. 
 

 
My simple pleasure:::

A cup of hot tea, a good book, and some shortbread cookies.    
 


Lesson learned the past week:::
Actually learning a lot already through my Ecclesiastes Bible Study.   
 
 

Looking around the house:::
My bedroom window is open to let in the fresh morning air.  It's a bit chilly, but I love letting in the morning air.   
 


From the camera:::
Is there anything prettier than a crochet project and candle light? 
 
 
 
 
Prayer List:::
My mom
Our family for these crazy colds and flus, as well as everyone around the country dealing with the same. 
 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
Even the silence is filled with God.  
 

10 comments:

Carol said...

I will be praying for your family to feel better. It is awful to feel bad for weeks. I love your photo of your crochet in the candlelight. Your menu looks quite tasty.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! It's so nice to be back. I missed visiting with you here! I'm sorry you've got another bug. Geesh! I pray this is the last thing that plagues you for a VERY LONG TIME!! Lol Blessings on the rest of your week ahead. xoxo

Sandra said...

Thank you Carol :) Isn't it gorgeous? Something as simple as crochet in candlelight.

Sandra said...

Thank you so much Daniela. You are so sweet, I appreciate that very much ♥

Daniela said...

I so love to read your diary and your way to organize your works at home.
Sorry to read that you and your husband are ill... stay warm and take care!
Sending blessings across the many miles
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Sandra said...

Oh my friend, I'm so over this nonsense. I do take some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one, it seems to be going around the whole country, but my word.....I am over it hahahah

Luludou said...

The food pictures are beautiful. Get well soon and have a great week

Sherry Jolly said...

Your food pics are making my mouth water! Yum! I'm sorry you're not feeling well. We've had a tough couple of weeks with a stomach bug. I miss having windows open! We have blah yuck weather. Your simple pleasure sounds like perfection! Have a blessed week!

Jean said...

Hope you are feeling much better. Such a bummer to get sick twice. Those food pictures all look so good. Hope you have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sorry to hear you have another bug. At least the weather looks pretty nice - definitely better than here! YUMMY menu! Have a GREAT week and feel better!