Monday, January 02, 2023

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/02/2023 - Blog 365 #2 }

 
 
Good morning sweet friends, and a very happy New Year to you all.
 
Here we are, the first Happy Homemaker Monday of 2023.  I can't believe how long this Monday feature of mine has been going.  When I began it many years ago, I thought that I would probably be the only one interested in something like this.  I also thought that I would probably start it, and then get busy with life, and it would simply be forgotten.
 
I was wrong, on both counts, and boy am I glad for that.
 
So, before we go on with our post, I wanted to say thank you to each and every single one of you, who have continued to be here, continued to post, continued to participate and support me in this venture.  I truly do appreciate you all, more than I can say.
 
I wish you all a blessed year, and let's make 2023 an even better Happy Homemaker year.  Let's take back our positions as the heart of the home.  Let's encourage others to embrace their homes, their families and the importance of this role.  Who's with me?
 
PS.....you may notice one or two different categories.  I actually want to try and add some new ones this year, just need to sit and figure out what I want to add.  If you have any ideas, leave them down below.
 
 
 
 
The Weather:::
Yesterday we had a high of 80, today we're having a high of 71.  I keep seeing this picture floating around social media, that says something along the lines of how funny it is that the weather is acting all spring like, when just last week it tried to kill us.  LOL  So funny!
 
Monday - Overcast, 71
Tuesday -  Partly cloudy, 63
Wednesday - Sunny, 56
Thursday - Sunny, 58
Friday - Partly cloudy, 70
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 58
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 56



As I look outside my window:::
It is cloudy and foggy.  I love winter mornings.  I know they get pretty cold, but I just really enjoy looking out and seeing the fog moving slowly across the field. 


Right now I am:::
Working on this post, even though it's a little late.  I drove Jasmine to work this morning, because I had to get gas in my car, and I always go to Sam's club, since it's the cheapest in town.  
 
I just finished my second cup of coffee, and had some toast with the last little bit of my tomato jam.  (need to make more)
 


Thinking and pondering:::
I never make new year resolutions or goals, because frankly, I never stick to them.  But I am feeling it this year.  Feeling like I need to write down some goals to achieve, there's things I want to get done and I don't want to keep putting them off, so I am pondering the idea of a Goal list. 
 


On my bedside table:::
Sat up on Saturday night with my brother and sister in law and uploaded a ton of books to our Kindles and tablets.  Hayley told me about a book author which I had never heard of before but he writes along the lines of Dean Koontz and Stephen King.  John Saul.
I downloaded some of his books to my kindle and am currently reading The Blackstone Chronicles and REALLY enjoying it.  
 


On my tv tonight:::
Hubby and I have started watching Battlestar Galactica.  I watched the original back in 1980 and loved it so much.  Galactica and the series V, were some of my favorites.  
 
 
 
Listening to:::
Birds outside the window, and also watching the new season of  I am a Killer, on Netflix. 
 
 
 
On the lunch plate:::
I made a frozen DiGiorno Three Meat Pizza for lunch yesterday, and we have a few slices left.  Hubby and I will be having those for lunch today.
 
 
 
On the dinner plate:::
Meatballs with mashed potatoes, sauteed cabbage 



On the menu for this week:::
Starting to work on the new menu, which is so weird because I feel like I JUST did a two week meal plan.  I guess with the holidays and the get togethers the past two weeks, it's all just a big confusion.  I'm continuing with Portuguese meals, so lots of yummy goodies coming your way.  Going to work really hard, on getting new recipes on the food blog as well.  

Monday - Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Cabbage
Tuesday - Lulas Guisadas com batata, Pao Rustico (Calamari Stew, Rustic Portuguese bread...will make something else for Jasmine since she doesn't like seafood)
Wednesday - Layered Enchiladas, Salad
Thursday - Bifes, batata frita, arroz, salada e ovo frito (Steak, fries, rice, salad and fried egg)
Friday - Frango Guisado com espargete (Chicken Spaghetti)
Saturday - Fettucine Alfredo, Garlic Bread, Broccoli
Sunday - Chicken and Rice Soup, Sandwiches
 


On my reading pile:::
Starting a Bible Study on Ecclesiastes today
Children of Ragnarok, new book I got myself for Christmas, starting it today as well.



On my to do list:::

Laundry
Dishes to put away.  Our dishwasher is not washing, it stays stuck on the wash cycle, so I've been doing dishes by hand and just putting them in the washer to dry.  I have a full load in there, plus a few on the counter that are dry and need putting away.
Pay bills
Start working on new meal plan 
 
 
 
Plans for this week:::
Giving all the carpets a good clean
Bible Study
Blog 365 post every day
Grocery Shopping on Friday
 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Working on some Kitchen Towels. 
 

 
My simple pleasure:::

Reading diaries from the 1800's.  I just love learning about these people's days, some were on the wagon trails, some women were maids in England, or children during the Holocaust.  I find it all fascinating and love history.  
 


Lesson learned the past week:::
That I may not think I'm getting older, but that my body is certainly letting me know.  My arthritis especially, in bothering me quite a bit, it makes long days of cooking or cleaning for family get togethers quite painful.  
 
 

Looking around the house:::
My back french doors are open, just have the screen door closed.  I also have my front door open with just the screen glass door locked.  I love letting in all the morning light, and fresh air. 
 


From the camera:::
I was looking through my blog a few days ago, and came across this photo.  It brought such joy to my heart.  I think this picture quite possibly describes, visually, a part of my soul and what makes me happy. 

Crochet Mood Blanket 2014


Prayer List:::
My mom, she is still not able to walk after 8 months.  Her brain atrophy is progressing faster than we thought, and it's heartbreaking seeing her deteriorate. 
 


Bible verse, Devotional:::
It is the beginning of a new year, which means, a new devotional.  Last year I worked through New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp, and Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon.  Both were phenomenal and I loved them so much.  I am hoping that this years devotionals, are just as good.
 
The first one I'll be using is one I actually received for a review, a few months ago.  Loving God, Loving Others.  The second one is from my book shelf, and one I haven't yet read.  It's not a devotional per say, but more daily inspirations for women. It is called Whispers of Encouragement.

This is Day one of both......

Whispers of Encouragement - Embrace today.  Embrace the wonder and excitement each day brings.  For tomorrow affords us new opportunities...time to experience...time to create...time to reflect...time to dream.

Loving God, Loving Others - Mark 1:35 And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.


7 comments:

Schotzy said...

Good morning, Sandra, and happy New Year to you and your's. Praying this will be a great year for you and your family! I do not nod resolutions either. for me they re a waste of time. I d,o however, try to come up with a word for the year to try to express in my daily life. I am still working on it but it is narrowing down! God bless you!

Jean said...

Enjoyed reading your post this morning! I'm so glad you started HHM and that I found it, such a wonderful thing that has truly brought me so much joy. Thank you for continuing it. Prayers for your mom and your family, it's so hard to watch loved ones decline. That photo is like a visual for the word cozy. Hope you have a great week!

Sandy said...

Sandra, I have been reading for some time. I am slowing up on blogging mostly because of the stage of life I am in. An elderly mom and the pleasure of keeping grandkids have slowed the roll on blogging. I have enjoyed following along. I have rheumatoid arthritis and hypothyroidism. Back in 2015, I was really bad off and found an amazing doctor. I have my health journey on my blog. I felt led to mention it and I try hard to follow those leadings.

Deanna said...

Blessings to you. I don't always participate in the blog party, but I so enjoy your blog. May you have a blessed NEW YEAR!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is deteriorating so fast. Prayers to you and your family as you deal with her illness.

Love that crochet picture - so pretty and your menu sounds sounds so intriguing this week - YUMMY! I LOVED READING YOUR THOUGHTS TODAY! We're so alike on many things :D Have a wonderful week my friend.

Luludou said...

Happy New Year! Thank you for letting us join you. Sending positive vibes for your mom.

Julieann said...

Waving!!!!! Hi Sandra 🤍 I just want to come over here and show my support. I will get back to the Happy Homemaker posts next week. I so enjoy playing and reading everyone's posts and learning about new blogs. I love it so much. The look back threads you posted look like sooooo much fun. Happy New year to you..I'll see you next Monday.
Julieann xo