Wednesday, January 04, 2023

{ Blog 365 #4 - Ecclesiastes Bible Study }


 
It is January 4th, and I am 3 days behind my Bible Study.  In my defense, hubby only went back to work today, so technically we were still enjoying the holidays.

As life gets back to normal, and the busy holiday season is put behind us, we start to look to the new year ahead.  Some of us make goals, some have resolutions and some have words.

I have neither, though I will say I'm slightly leaning towards some goals this year.  But I won't dare say it out loud, because if I do, I will surely fail.  Really!!!!

January 4, 2022

You may think I'm kidding, but it's true.  It's like when I say I want to go on a diet and the next thing, I am raiding the fridge in the middle of the night.  It never works.  I've learned that the way my brain works, is to say nothing, and just kind of do it.  

I was supposed to start my Bible Study on the 1st, I didn't but that's ok.  What matter is actually starting it right?

Are any of you currently doing a bible study or starting any this year?

January 4, 2022

 
I wasn't sure what book I would be doing the study on.  So while in prayer, about 2 or so weeks ago, I asked God to put in my heart which book to focus on.  Immediately Ecclesiastes popped into my mind.  It was so quick, I didn't even have to wonder if it was me thinking it or the Holy Spirit nudging me.

I can tell you that I wouldn't have ever thought of Ecclesiastes.  Was thinking maybe Esther or Ruth, but I have learned that when God speaks, I trust and follow.

After doing a quick search online for a bible study on Ecclesiastes, I came across the Women Living Well website, and there it was.  Not only a video series and study on this book, but even a workbook that I could purchase.  I immediately bought it on Amazon and waited patiently for it to arrive.
 
I don't know why Ecclesiastes, specifically, but I do know that it will be life changing and have multiple light bulb moments.
 

January 4, 2022

 
If you've done a study on Ecclesiastes, I would love to hear your opinion and what you learned.


A look back:

2006
2012 - Yarn Along
2014
2015 -
2018
2020
2022


2 comments:

Carol said...

I am doing a Bible study on the Bible app on my phone. I am reading through the Bible in a year again and I am also doing several smaller studies that are on there as well. I just looked at the one you are doing and I may try to start it in Feb.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I LOVE your dedication to your Bible studies! I too seem to ALWAYS be a few days behind EVERY year after the 1st and because of the holidays.