Monday, January 16, 2023

{ Blog 365 #16 - Happy Homemaker Monday 01/16/2023 }

 
 
Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend.   
 
I'm actually starting this post without someone in our home having some sort of a flu or cold.  Thank the Lord above.  Thank you all for the prayers and well wishes. 
I need to step out this morning, for a quick errand, but I wanted to try and get this post up before I do so.  I like to have these HHM posts up early in the day, however, as you know, sometimes that doesn't happen. 
 
That's ok.
 
Right, so let's get right on.  I wish you all a wonderful, happy and blessed week ahead.  Can you believe, we are practically running up to the end of January already?  My word!
 
I haven't even started writing 2023, without writing 2022 first.  Give me a chance January, give me a chance.
 
Have a blessed week friends.
Sandra
xoxoxo
 
 
 
 
The Weather:::
I think the weather is confused.  We have cold mornings and then 80 and 70 afternoons.  I am ok with the 70's but shouldn't this be winter? 
 
Monday - Sun and clouds, 75
Tuesday -  Mostly cloudy, 72
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 67
Thursday - Mostly Sunny, 58
Friday - Sunny, 63
Saturday - Rain, 55
Sunday - Rain, 55



As I look outside my window:::
It is dark and grey.  I just saw a squirrel run past my windowsill, on the outside of course, or I would be waking the neighborhood screaming, if it was inside my bedroom.    


Right now I am:::
At my computer desk, working on this post. 
 


Thinking and pondering:::
I have my house to clean this morning.  I was saying to hubby a few minutes ago, that today actually looks like a typical Monday morning.  When our kids were little, they would play in the living room, watch movies, or cartoons, and basically, mess the whole place up.
 
As they've gotten older, and are now adults, that doesn't happen.  But yesterday, we were all in the living room playing on Nick's VR.  I woke up this morning, to chairs, blankets, empty soda cans, furniture moved out of the way and so forth.  A typical Monday morning after a fun weekend.
 
It brought a tear to my eye.  Our children grow so fast that when you have a little peek, at what things used to be, you can't help but get emotional.  I do miss those days when the kids were little. 
 


On my bedside table:::
A bottle of water, a box of kleenex, crochet box with my hooks and little scissors. 
 


On my tv tonight:::
Battlestar Galactica  - for the hubby, I will no doubt sleep halfway through it. 
Youtube videos for me
 
 
 
Listening to:::
The sound of my diffuser on the desk.   
 
 
 
On the lunch plate:::
Probably a sandwich. 
 
 
 
On the dinner plate:::
Copycat Applebees Honey Pepper Chicken Strips with Macaroni and Cheese 



On the menu for this week:::
Need to start working on the new meal plan, for the upcoming two weeks.
 

Monday - Copycat Applebees Honey Pepper Chicken Strips with Macaroni and Cheese
 
Tuesday - Fish sticks, Rice with carrots and peas, Sauteed Cabbage with Bacon
 
Wednesday - Pasteis de Massa Tenra, Batatas assadas (Meat Pastries, Roast Potatoes)

Thursday -  Mock Jambalaya with Smoked Sausage, Salad

Friday -  Tuna Spaghetti, Veggies

Saturday -  Carne Guisada com Massa (Beef with Noodles), Salad
 
Sunday - (not sure, new menu will kick in)
 


On my reading pile:::
Ecclesiastes
A Feather on the Water by Lindsay Jane Ashford, on my Kindle



On my to do list:::

Clean and tidy the house
Pull out chicken for dinner
Bible Study
 
 
 
Plans for this week:::
Carpet cleaning all rooms, one a day
Make Rissois for the freezer
Finish crochet bag and start the next one
 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

Lucy's Crochet Bag 
 
IMG_4534

 
 

My simple pleasure:::

A bread roll, slathered with butter, and cooked in a sandwich press, or on a skillet.  With a hot cup of coffee to dunk it in.      
 


Lesson learned the past week:::
Not a new lesson but a reminder that, as Christians, our job is not to bring people to Christ (He does that), but yes to spread His love, talk about Him, and brag on Him to others. 
 
 

Looking around the house:::
As I said above, definitely looks like a Monday morning.     
 


From the camera:::
My beautiful great grandmother Ema.  She molded me into the woman I am today.  I miss her ♥
 
 
 
 
 
Prayer List:::
My mom.  Her brain atrophy is getting worse, she is not moving much, doesn't speak much, and with the brain atrophy also comes Dementia.  It's just so sad to see.
 


Bible verse, Devotional::: 
The Lord is not unmoved by your efforts to seek Him in prayer.  He is not deaf to your cries in the midnight hours.  He does not turn His back when tears slip down your face.  When you fear you will never hear Him again, instead breathe deeply. Even the silence is filled with Him.  


10 comments:

Luludou said...

Beautiful picture of your grandma. Glad everyone is back to normal healthwise. Have a great week

Jean said...

Glad everyone is healthy again! We've had a very mild winter here so far as well. Prayers for your mother and your family, such a hard thing. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Friend! I felt so much of the bits of pain in this post and sending prayers and hugs to you! I know the pain of watching a loved one leave you by bits and pieces of losing themselves to dementia. It's so very sad and difficult. Prayers for peace and strength for you all. And I know those moments of it hitting you when you realize how fast your kiddos have grown up. And you miss those old days. It feels like it's been a blink!
I love your reminder about Jesus and not pushing others - but being an example of HIs love and caring and letting them see Him in you and find their own way. We all have our own journey.
That bag looks like it's going to be so cool!! Have a great week. xoxo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

PS: Your Ema looks like she was a great Lady! ;)

Carol said...

Sorry to hear of your mother. I am glad you are feeling better.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I think your grandma has a beautiful expression on her face. And she has beautiful eyes, don't you think? Thanks for your cozy post. I wish you had a squirrel picture. Squirrels are so cute. And your crochet? Beautiful colors, Sandra. Really nice to see. I wish you all a nice week. ♥Aritha♥

Rachel said...

Glad to hear everyone is on the mend at your home. I love that picture of your Grandmother. Sorry to hear about your mother. That is hard.

A Runners Mom & More said...

Prayers for the Mom...

Daniela said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's condition. It's so terribly hard. I will keep you both in my prayers. Your grandmother is so beautiful!
I like your Crochet Bag. It's really lovely. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

@irina_sweet_home said...

Prayers for your Mom