Monday, January 30, 2023

{ Blog 365 #30 - Happy Homemaker Monday }

 
Good morning my sweet ladies.  Welcome back to my little corner of the world. 
 
It is so cold this morning, the current wind chill is 5.  5!!!!!  
 
We are under another Winter Storm Watch from 6am today through Thursday.  I have a feeling things will be shutting down again as the roads become undrivable.  
 
Anyway, I have a very hot cup of milky tea, just had my breakfast too and now I'm settling in to work on this post.  I do have to go out in about 2 hours but then I'll be home.  I have a house to clean, need to get some baking done too and really want to get things ready for the incoming storm. 
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and wish you all an abundantly blessed week ahead.
 
Now, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday. 
 
Have a blessed week friends.
Sandra
xoxoxo 



The Weather:::
Currently 20 degrees with a wind chill/real feel of 5.  So cold.  Our winter storm is incoming, so between rain, freezing rain and snow, it will be quite a mess.    
 
Monday - Cloudy, 26
Tuesday -  Winter storm, 27
Wednesday - Winter storm, 32
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 52
Friday - Sunny, 55
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 62
Sunday - Sunny, 62


As I look outside my window:::
Grey cloudy skies, and very windy.  My poor gazebo is struggling to stay in place.  I see a lot of the outside decorations, all over the yard, which means I'll have to go out there this morning, collect them all and put them in under the patio. 


Right now I am:::
Sitting in bed, sipping my hot milky tea, typing up this post, and watching a homemaking vlog on the telly.     


Thinking and pondering:::
About sewing projects I want to do.  I tend to leave my sewing machine packed away for months on end, then when I pull it out, I want to sew, sew, sew as much as I can. 


On my bedside table:::
Bottle of water, my cup of coffee, the tv remote and a crochet hook for the bag I'm finishing off. 

On my tv today:::
Youtube videos - homemaking, book hauls
Period drama of some kind

 
Listening to:::
The sound of the video on the tv, and the wind howling outside.   
 
 
On the lunch plate:::
Not sure, but I made chili yesterday and have a little tiny bit left, so may have that.   
 
 
On the dinner plate:::
American Goulash, Salad, Garlic Bread


On the menu for this week:::
Will be working on the new menu throughout the week.  But, this is what we have coming up from today until Friday.

Monday - American Goulash, Salad, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Honey Pepper Chicken with Macaroni and Cheese, Sauteed Squash
Wednesday - Salmon Croquettes, Tomato Rice, Salad
Thursday -  Cheeseburger Gnocchi, Garlic knots
Friday
Saturday
Sunday -
 

On my reading pile:::
Ecclesiastes
A Feather on the Water by Lindsay Jane Ashford, on my Kindle


On my to do list:::

Clean and tidy the house
Take out ground beef for dinner
Make sandwich bread
Make Cinnamon Rolls
Make sugar cookies (I have a package in the fridge that needs using up)
Bible Study
Laundry - take load out of dryer, fold and put away

 
Plans for this week:::
Finish my second kitchen towel, and make one or two more
Start second crochet bag and take pictures of the first one I made last week
Post every day


What I am creating:::

Lucy's Crochet Bags and kitchen towels 

 

My simple pleasure:::

Reading cookbooks.  That may sound strange, but I don't just flip through the pages and look at the recipes, I actually enjoy reading the descriptions, who made the recipe, and how it came about.  My favorite are the cookbooks that have family stories included. 
 
 
Looking around the house:::
It is quite dark.  I haven't opened the curtains today, usually it's the first thing I do when I head to the kitchen to fix our coffee.  However, it is so cold, so I'm keeping the curtains closed to keep the warmth in.  
 
I have two piles of clean laundry on the dining table, waiting to be folded.  I'm also really wanting to switch my table back to my window.  If you know me, you know I switch the couches and the dining table every year.  During the summer, the couches are by the fireplace and the dining table by the big window, so we can look out into the beautiful trees while eating.   But, I kind of want to read by the fireplace, and want to have dinner while watching the winter storm outside......so this week I plan on switching everything around again.


From the camera:::
Blogging is hard.  If you're a blogger you know what I mean by that.  It's not always easy to sit down, think of something to say and share.  However, I am so glad that I have pushed myself to stick with it, since that very first post on February 6th, 2006.
 
I had been reading blogs for a while, but starting my own was so scary.  I just jumped in and went with it and I am so glad that I did.  Because, even though it gets hard at times to keep going, the memories that are stored within this little corner of the web, are priceless.  
 
This picture below was taken when we were stationed at Luke AFB.  We used to take the kids out every day for a walk, after dinner.  They loved it, and we enjoyed the time out with the kids and our two pugs, Bella and Lola.   It's funny how a picture can bring back so many memories. 
 
 
2010_01030002
 
 
Bible verse, Devotional::: 
To be alive, to be able to see, to walk, to have a home, it's all a miracle. 
 

10 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Yes, blogging can either be easy or difficult, especially when there is a busy day work-wise, house hold cleaning, home repair day etc. Or when you don't feel good, or nothing is going on basically. Have a nice week.

Daniela said...

I can't wait to see your crochet bag and the sewing projects you want to make.
Have a blessed week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Our simple pleasures mesh up so well. I have a stack of cook books at my feet all the time lately that I'm reading through. I also love to know "HOW" & "WHERE" a recipe originated. You also hit the nail on the head about blogging - so glad to have stuck with it for the memories alone, let alone the satisfaction of it all. LOVE the old picture - the kids were so little! Have a GREAT week and stay warm.

Jean said...

Oh, I love reading cookbooks of all kinds. Do you ever though feel like you ate the food after reading the cookbooks? Or end up super hungry? Maybe that's just me. Wow, didn't realize there was another storm headed your way. Hope you stay safe and warm. Have a wonderful week!

Julieann said...

Hi Sandra!! YES!!!! I love, love, love reading cookbooks. It seems the more I get to know you visiting you here the more I find we have in conmen. I can look at an old photograph and memories sometimes just flood in. I can totally relate. I hope the winter storm passes with out problems, I'll keep you and yours in my prayers, stay cozy my friend.
Julieann
PS Thank you for hosting this every week 🤍

Daniela said...

Dear Sandra,
may your week too be blessed with joy and wonder!
Thanking you for hosting,
I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you
Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Luludou said...

I like that you switch things around. Nice memory that picture. Have a great week

A Runners Mom & More said...

Many Hugs...

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Stay cozy dear Sandra! Welcome to what it's like in the northwoods of WI on the regular. Lol I love reading cookbooks too. They get my wheels turning. And I just find it relaxing. Love the pic of Curt and the Little's. They look soooo young! I remember following your blog in those early days. It took me a long time to get up the guts to finally do my own. I'm so glad you started blogging and I have such a dear blogland bestie because of it. 😊 Have a blessed week. xoxo

Aritha Vermeulen said...

Dear Sandra,

Have you baked cinnamon rolls yet? And how did you deal with that nasty cold weather this week? I hope that this was the last dark day for you and that the sun will soon shine again. I love blogging. But I notice that I sometimes have a setback. Just like now: my father-in-law passed away last Saturday and then everything is different. Also, my mind. Also, what you want to say and share. Or not share. Do you recognize that? But I did enjoy reading your blog and all the others from those who participated in this link party :-) I wish you all the best and I will continue to follow you on Instagram. Your stories are so fun!"

Lieve groet,
Aritha