Saturday, January 07, 2023

{ Blog 365 #7 - Something new }

 
 
We are doing a thing.......


Can you believe it?  

We are waiting until Spring to get the chickens, but we are getting everything set up until then.  If you know me, you know I have wanted chickens for so many years.

But we left it in God's hands and waited for His timing.  It seems that this year is it, and we are so excited.  I don't know anything about chickens, I am reading and researching and learning with friends who already have chickens.

If you have any tips, tricks, advice for beginner's like us, please, please, leave them down below.  I am also looking for trustworthy websites to purchase our baby chicks from.

Oohhhhhh I'm so excited, I can not wait!!!!

7 comments:

Carol said...

That's so exciting, and a really nice looking coop! Do you have a local Agway? Ours is the go-to place for spring chicks, and sometimes the local farms will post that they are selling some off. Good luck!

Wendi said...

We are planning on getting chickens in the spring also. Our local farm stores (Rural King, Tractor Supply) have chicks. I also had friends that were able to getting some girls that were already laying off of craigslist. I will learning right along with you.

Mandy said...

Oh yay!! I’m so excited for y’all! I can’t wait to read about your chicken adventures. 😁

threesidesofcrazy said...

Congratulations! How exciting to be following a dream!

Carol said...

How exciting! We usually get ours from the local farm store, but I believe you are better off purchasing from a farmer. Feed your chickens eggshells as it will make their eggs have better ( a bit harder) shell

Jean said...

Congratulations! Very excited for you. I know very little about chickens as well. However, our neighbor across the street has some and I can tell you that roosters don't just crow at dawn. They can be quite loud though I never hear them inside my home unless the windows are open. Can't wait to hear more about your new adventure.

crowned4him said...

How exciting! We usually purchase our chicks from the local Tractor Supply store. You are in for an adventure.