Sunday, November 02, 2014

God the Transformer?!?!?!

2011_10050005

Good afternoon friends, hope you're all having a good Sunday.

I am just now sitting down for the first time today, it's been a busy one for me since yesterday we were gone all day.  I've spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning the house, then had to go get groceries this afternoon.

On top of that, I have two kids not feeling too well.  Jasmine woke up with a cold and is just plain miserable and Nicholas is sniffling around and coughing here and there, I'm thinking that shopping in the rain may have had a hand in all this.

Sunday treat

This is what I am sitting down to do at the moment, just relaxing a bit with a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte and some Jammie Dodgers.  I'm tired folks, I am looking forward to bedtime already.

So you're probably wondering where the title of this post came from?

Well yesterday on the way to Boise the conversation in the car turned to religion and my children both expressed their feelings, thoughts and views on being Christian and how to be respectful to others who may not share our way of thinking and life.

From that the conversation switched to my husband asking the kids if they knew who God was, what His name was, and if they knew what the Trinity was.

They both knew quite a bit but when it came to the Trinity, I explained to them that it was God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

At that, Nicholas who is 11 years old, chimed in from the back seat...."that is SO cool, God is like a Transformer then".  LOL

My husband and I thought that was the funniest thing ever, but sweet too.  The way kids choose to remember certain facts, relating it to things they understand and know well, has always amazed me.

I never would have thought of God as a Transformer, but when I see it from an 11 year old's perspective it makes a lot of sense doesn't it?

Well friends, I am going to make this one short, it's time to sit down with the family and watch yesterday's Doctor Who. 

Have a great rest of night and I'll meet you back here in the morning for Happy Homemaker Monday.

7 comments:

Mari said...

That's a great comment. He's really thinking and putting it all together.

Anabela said...

Well done Nicholas, for understanding better than many adults can. You will go far young man. xxx B

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

God the Almighty Transformer! Kids see things so much better sometimes than we do.

I do hope Jasmine and Nicholas will feel better soon.

FlowerLady

Amy at love made my home said...

How great that you were having this conversation in the car all together, and what a great view from your son. As you say, if that helps him to remember the conversation, that is pretty good isn't it! xx

Cheri said...

Love Nicholas' comment- perfect!

Nancy said...

Wow!! That is very insightful! God truly transforms our lives from what we were a sinner to saved by grace thru Jesus our savior!! Way to go Nicholas!!

Conny said...

I love that!! I've heard the trinity explaining via the "egg" example (yolk, white, shell = 1 egg) and other such ... but this explanation tops them all. :)