Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/17/2014

Good morning everyone, hope you had a wonderful weekend.

I enjoyed mine but honestly would have been happier with some extra hours, or maybe we need a day between Saturday and Sunday?  A Saday, or a Satsun?

Oh well, nothing we can do to change it now and here we are, the beginning of yet another week, let's see what it holds for us shall we?


The weather outside is::::
8 degrees and the weather app says that it feels like -1.  I concur, it feels like that and much more.  I am beyond frozen at this point, not even the central heating is warming this house up yet.  We are looking at much of the same for the rest of the week, so a very cold one indeed. 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Right now I am drinking a huge cup of coffee with some Snickerdoodle Creamer (I do like this one).  Not ready for breakfast yet, but when I do have it, I am thinking toast and eggs. 

As I look outside my window:::
Blue skies, but everything is still white.  The snow hasn't melted and matter of fact, with this cold temperature, all the houses and cars are sporting beautiful icicles. 

Right now I am::::
Sitting on my couch with Lola sleeping up against me.  Typing up this post, thinking of what I have to do today and trying to stay warm.  Oh and I'm still in my jammies, I can't bring myself to change out of them just yet, I'm too cold.  

As I look around the house::::
My kitchen is in disarray from the weekend.  I don't know why everyone continues to use my counter space as their personal storage, drives me bananas.  The living room needs some tidying up too.  I need to open the blinds in the living room because it looks so dark and makes the house look very gloomy. 
On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Have 1 load of towels and blankets to wash.....and one load to iron.
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, sweep and mop.  Water the plants in the window will.
In the living room....Had to remove the rug to the garage, we got back from my brothers and Miss Bella had peed all over it.  It smells so bad.  I am going to vacuum it and carpet clean it in the garage before bringing it back into the house.  Dust and tidy up a bit.
In the bedrooms....make the beds, pick up and tidy up, open curtains and blinds and windows to let in some fresh air.  Vacuum.
In the bathrooms....clean the toilets, sinks and mirrors.
Homeschooling....prepare the lessons, both girls have quite a bit of work to catch up on.
Crocheting....Still have so many WIP'S.  This morning though, as soon as I am done with housework I have to get the 3 scarves made for the giveaway winners.  I didn't want to make them earlier because they would have been grabbed by someone and used.  lol
Cooking.....for lunch I'm making some Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches, and Dinner will be a Slow Cooked Pea and Ham soup, will also have sandwiches or yogurt and fruit.

Currently reading::::
Still reading my Diana Gabaldon Outlander series.
Doing the Glimpsing Heaven Review today, so stay tuned for that. 

On the TV today::::
My Downton Abbey is finished and I'm shattered, what am I going to do until the Christmas episode?
Not really sure what I'll watch today, but I might actually do a Christmas movie, it's that time of year for me when I start watching them.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Slow Cooked Pea and Ham Soup, Sandwiches, Yogurt, Fruit
Tuesday - Sausage, Broccoli Fettucine Alfredo, Salad
Wednesday - Spring Chicken, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday - Chicken Korma Curry with Rice
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Bacon Spaghetti, Salad
Sunday - Cottage Pie, Mixed Veg


What I am creating at the moment::::
Arm knitted scarves, crocheted snowflakes.

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Still haven't had a chance to post the new recipes to the blog.  I am horrible with my food blog, what can I say. 

Favorite photo from the camera::::

Sun setting

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday Sandra! I've attempted to link up today - yay!! Baby steps right? I'm not sure if I did it right so please feel free to share any guidance I may need. Lol I think I missed a heading too about what's on tv, sigh....but I'll get it all down eventually. I'm loving the challenge of learning this blogging stuff and having lots of fun!
God bless xoxo

Tina Leigh said...

Yes yes a Satsun would be awesome!!!

The menu sounds good! Cottage pie? Gonna have to look that one up.

Stay warm Sandra!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I agree! There really needs to be a day between Saturday and Sunday! How do we go about making that happen?!!! I always enjoy reading your lists of things and love it when you show your WIPs. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

The using the counter for their personal space drives me bananas too! Every time I turn around there's somebody's stuff! Why do they do that?! Lol

Amy at love made my home said...

I like the sound of an extra day!! I hope you have a good week. xx

Penny (A Penny For Your Thoughts) said...

That is such a beautiful picture and I agree that we need a day between Saturday and Sunday :)

Liz said...

I actually forgot to post my link yesterday, so Happy Tuesday! It sounds like my kitchen is much like yours, everybody's place to drop their junk... Drives me nutty! Don't they know I need those counters?!

I'm loving your picture! The flowers seem to glow! Beautiful!

Hope you're having a wonderful week.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Hello dear! I was ill Saturday and recouping Sunday but all in all I had a good weekend. Shopping today and Hobby Lobby and lunch with my beloved tomorrow.