Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/10/2014

Good morning sweet friends, how was your weekend?

Mine was glorious, quiet, relaxing and filled with family time which is always a good thing.  Let's see what the week has ahead shall we?


The weather outside is::::
24 degrees at the moment with a high of only 47 today.  The week looks pretty much the same, except for Thursday.....you know why?  Because we have Snow coming down.  Ummmm, I love snow, I love winter, but I am not sure I am ready for it to start already.  Remember when I said I think we're going to have a really cold winter this year?  I was hoping I would be proven wrong, but I guess I'm right, better get ready. 

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
At the moment, just a cup of coffee with Pumpkin Spice.  I may have a bagel afterwards, or I might do porridge since it's so cold, not sure yet.  

As I look outside my window:::
Beautiful blue skies, not a single cloud, but terribly cold.  There is frost everywhere. 

Right now I am::::
Sitting in the living room, typing up this post and drinking my coffee.  Also sitting here wondering why on earth my backspace key, my print screen key and my number 4 on the number pad have decided to stop working.  UGH!!!   

As I look around the house::::
The sun is streaming in through the windows in the living room.  It's very quiet in here as the kids are both still asleep and hubby is getting ready to leave for college.  Thankfully I did most of my cleaning this weekend so I don't have much at all to do today, aside from the usual daily chores.  I am so ready to start putting up Christmas things, is that bad?  I know I really should wait a little longer but I'm afraid some small items may start showing up here and there.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Have 1 load of towels to wash, and one load that I ironed ready to be put away.  Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, sweep and mop. In the living room....Vacuum the rug again, it's a daily thing when the pugs are shedding which they both are at the moment. Dust and tidy up a bit.
In the bedrooms....make the beds, pick up and tidy up, open curtains and blinds and windows to let in some fresh air.
In the bathrooms....clean the toilets, sinks and mirrors.
Homeschooling....prepare the lessons, check grades.
Outside....Put away all the garden items in the big tub and move it to the shed.  Bring the grill into the garage and put up the patio table and chairs in preparation for the snow and cold we're getting.
Crocheting....work on my new project, work a bit more on my niece's blanket and make the last 3 scarves for the giveaway.
Cooking.....for lunch I'm thinking soup, I may actually make a veg soup.  Dinner is Beef Curry. 

Currently reading::::
Still reading my Diana Gabaldon Outlander series.
Reading Glimpsing Heaven, oh my word, I love these types of books, so interesting


On the TV today::::
Yesterday's Downton Abbey, I can't believe this season is over already, now I have to wait for the Christmas special and it seems sooooo far away.
Watch the Doctor Who season finale this Saturday too and was just not impressed, at all.
Haven from last week.
Star Trek Enterprise with hubby tonight.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Beef Curry with rice
Tuesday - Ham, Potatoes and Yorkshire Puddings with Gravy
Wednesday - Cheesy Kielbasa Bake
Thursday - Beef Stew, Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits
Friday - Slow Cooked Beans and Ham
Saturday - Roast Tilapia, Roast Potatoes, Veggies
Sunday - Pea and Ham Soup, Dessert



What I am creating at the moment::::
Arm knitted scarves, blankets and other Christmas things. 

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Made the Ajo Chicken (recipe coming this morning), it was divine.  Also made a Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding to die for.  (recipe also coming this morning). 

Favorite photo from the camera::::


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!


7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

We're getting the frost here, but are not supposed to get the snow, only lots of rain with that "Super" storm heading down from Alaska. At least they say it will calm before hitting the lower 48. Your new recipes sound wonderful!

Have an AWESOME week.

Amy at love made my home said...

Did you watch yesterday's Downton yet? Did you know that the London House - the inside bits - are filmed at the house that I work at!! It is called Basildon Park. I hope that you enjoyed it. xx

Liz said...

I'm so excited for possibilities of snow, but that won't last too long, I'm sure.

We watched part one of the finale last night, and have been watching them together as a family. Shawn leaves for out of town today so we were going to wait until he gets home Wednesday to watch part two, but Ben was so upset about what happened to Pink that Shawn told us to go ahead and watch it tonight and then we can rewatch it with him when he gets home.

Your menu looks amazing, as always. I wish we lived closer, I'd love to learn from you.

Hope you have a wonderful week. Happy Monday.

Anna said...

I'm back with HHM! Had a nice break. We are supposed to get snow this weekend. I'm not ready for it at all! Guess it should be good for soup sales though :-) Have a great week

Unknown said...

It was warm here today 60's and tomorrow the same then it gets real cold 30's for the high and 20's at night....we will be using the wood stove for sure...hubby and I got all of the yard decor and patio furniture put away a few weeks ago, today I gathered up the little bit of Fall decor I had out and yes, put up my Xmas lights and my grapevine snowman and deer, still need to do my fresh greenery on the fence and my light pole...I don't plug them in until Thanksgiving, but take advantage of the warm weather to get them up.. I started making some comforts foods as we call it, but tonight and tomorrow will be grill foods then after that comfort foods...would love the recipe for the cake you posted a few days ago ��.
Have a great evening!
Blessings
Rhonda

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good afternoon dear friend. Nice to visit with you today.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Sandra ~ so happy to have a little time tonight to join you for HHM! Have a great week!