Monday, April 17, 2023

{ Blog 365 #107 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/17/2023 }

 
Good morning sweet friends, and welcome to another Happy Homemaker Monday. 
 
I sure hope this day finds you doing well.  My weekend was busy, again, so I feel like I didn't really have a weekend and have just merged from one week, to the next. Oh well. 
 
Let's get right on with our post. Wishing you all a very blessed week! Sandra
xoxoxo

 

The Weather:::
Aside from some cool mornings, we have been enjoying warm weather.  Looks like more on the way and maybe even a little rain.   
 
Monday - Sun and clouds mixed, 82
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 83
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 91
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 83
Friday - Partly cloudy, 74
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 63
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 67
 
 
As I look outside my window::: 
Sun is shining, and so far, not a single cloud in the sky yet. There are grackles in my back yard, and a squirrel just went scurrying across the back fence. 
 
 
Right now I am::: 
Just finished having my breakfast, and am working on this post. 
 
 
Thinking and pondering::: 
The chickens are big enough now, to be moved outside. We are finishing work on their coop, and making sure it is safe proof from any predators. It's a strange feeling knowing that they're going outside soon, makes me want to keep them inside forever.Hahahah 
 
 
On my bedside table::: 
Cup of hot coffee, my phone, and a water bottle. 
 
 
On my tv this week::: 
Portuguese Soaps - Para Sempre and Flor Sem Tempo 
Homemaking Vlogs on Youtube 
Star Trek Picard 
The Ark 
More International Period Dramas 
 
This weekend I watched Bauhaus, which was only 2 episodes.  Really good though, I enjoyed it.  I wasn't familiar with the Bauhaus history and why it was so controversial, so this show was pretty interesting.  If you want to know more about the history of the Bauhaus, read here, or you can watch the show here.
 

Listening to::: 
The chickies in the office, they're running back and forth in their little coop, playing Also have the sound of the turtle tank filter, it sounds like a waterfall. 
 
 
On the lunch plate::: 
Not sure, I am craving McDonald's fries for some reason, so we may do that for lunch. 
 
 
On the dinner plate::: 
Swedish Meatballs, Mashed potatoes, Broccoli and Cauliflower in Cheese sauce. 
 
 
On the menu for this week::: 
Monday - Swedish Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli and Cauliflower in Cheese sauce
Tuesday - Chimichangas, Rice, Beans
Wednesday - Bacon wrapped Chicken Legs, Buttered Noodles, Sauteed Zucchini and Spaghetti Squash
Thursday - Porco de Cebolada (Pork Chops), Potato Casserole, Salad 
Friday - Loaded Tater Tots - Totchos
Saturday - Barbecue for Jasmine's birthday (Burgers, Beef Sausages, Potato Salad, Hawaiian Salad, Black Forest Cake)
Sunday - Potato and Onion Pierogies 
 
 
 
On my reading pile::: 
Longbourn by Jo Baker, really want to finish this one. 
Bible 
The Secret Garden 
 
The same books, still waiting. I really wish I could get my reading mojo back, it's frustrating to love reading so much, but not doing it. 
 
 
On my to do list:::
 Finally starting my seeds today, I am so late this year. 
 
 
Plans for this week::: 
Taking Nick to get his driver's permit 
Start Spring Cleaning 
 
 
What I am creating::: 
Chicken coop 
 
 
My simple pleasure::: 
Sitting out on the patio, drinking coffee, first thing in the morning. 
 
 
Looking around the house::: 
I need to carpet clean and vacuum, both the living room and the dining room. There is a pile of clean laundry on the dining table that needs putting away, I'm in the middle of doing laundry and have just been folding and placing it on the table, to be moved after. 
 
 
From the camera::: 
Homemaking, where I am the happiest. 
 


Bible verse, Devotional, Quote::: 
Faith means you take God at His word, you never let yourself think that you're smarter than Hm, and you live inside His boundaries.- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp


10 comments:

Elisha said...

Seems like Swedish Meatballs is the meal for today. We're also having them; but with egg noodles.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

I actually really like grackles. And Swedish Meatballs are definitely going to be on my menu soon!

Mrs.T said...

Swedish Meatballs ... so good! My daughter shared the best recipe with me! Leftover meat loaf is on my supper menu tonight though.

Jean said...

Good luck to Nick for his driver's permit. I really enjoy reading about your chickens. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Luludou said...

Good luck for the driver's permit. Have a great week

Deanna said...

Swedish MEATBALLS sounds like a winner to me! All the best. May you have a blessed week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

You weather sounds wonderful there. We dipped to the 40's and 30's and we actually got snow and rain today. Only in our state lol! Have a great week.

Sherry Jolly said...

We are in the same place with the books. I don't know what is going on. I have so many good books but I'm just not reading them and it makes me really sad!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! Missed you last week and it's nice to be back to blogland. I hope Nick's permit goes great! I have so many books and I haven't been as good about reading either. Hopefully this summer will allow lots of lovely reading in the sunshine. ;) Have a great week ahead! xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds like you're one of the only ones truly experiencing spring like weather. Glad you're getting your seeds started and that the chickens are growing so well. Have a blessed week my friend.