Thursday, April 20, 2023

{ Blog 365 #110 - Almost the weekend...... }

 
 
Oh it's been one of those weeks, that I am just counting down the minutes, until the weekend.
 
I'm used to being busy, but this past week seems to have run on from the previous one, past the weekend, and right into Monday morning.  Goodness!
 
I've had Curt home since last week Wednesday, he's been on leave.  It's one of those cases of, having too much leave saved up and he needs to use it or lose it.  So, he begrudgingly took a week off, because if it was up to him, he would have just continued working.  I guess it's a good thing when you love your job that much, right?
 
Having Curt home though, has meant that we've taken the time to get projects done around the house.  The garage got cleaned out completely, the chicken coop is practically finished and ready for the girls to move in next week.  Yards have been mowed and weeded and redone, etc.
 
So a lot of work went in, but it also meant that he didn't really get time off, and since we worked through the weekend, neither one of us had much of a rest.
 
But that's ok.  Sometimes it's good to stop and remember that we are healthy, and we are blessed to have the energy and strength to do what needs doing.  
 
Anyway, it's been crazy and I'm really missing a more quiet, slow, homemaking.  Jasmine's new job training will be done on the 3rd, and then I have a whole month at home, not needing to go anywhere or do anything.  I don't quite know what I'm going to do with myself, but I think I will find a lot to entertain myself with.
 
Can't wait.
 
I do need to step out again, so I'll leave you with a slice of my Cream Cheese Pound Cake.  Hope you enjoy it ♥  
 



1 comment:

Jean said...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Sounds like you deserve the break after all those projects.