Tuesday, April 25, 2023

{ Blog 365 #115 - Love in Chains Period drama }

 

 
If you enjoyed Bridgerton, then you will most definitely enjoy Love in Chains.
 
I just had to come and show you all this stunning series.  It is a Russian tv series, that completely blew my mind and captivated my heart.  Unlike the usual shows we are used to watching, this one is full of twists and turns, that will leave you so frustrated at times, you will no doubt yell at the TV.  *I did*
 
As I've mentioned over the past few weeks, I have found a whole new world of brilliant period dramas, in foreign language, and oh am I so glad I did.
 
In Love and Chains, we follow the story of Katerina Verbitskaya.  She is a bondsmaid but has been raised as a noblewoman, and is very much loved by the mistress of the house.  When the owners son returns from war, he sets his eyes on Katerina, and becomes completely obsessed with her.  What follows are a series of quite uncomfortable scenes where he tries to take advantage of her, as he is so blinded by his love for the beautiful young woman.
 
However, she falls in love with a nobleman who doesn't know who she is at first.
 
I will leave it at that, because you really need to watch.  This show shines a light on bondsmen and women, the horrible conditions they were subjected to, the glaring different between the masters and their slaves, and love that sees no status.
 
It is such a beautiful series.  
 

 
You can watch the first season for free on Amazon Prime.  The second season is also available but for rent or buying.  There has been a Season 3 and 4 since then, and unfortunately they're not available on Amazon yet.  I did find and am watching the third season on Youtube, although it does not have an English subtitles available, so it's really hard to follow.
 
I do hope they make the last 2 seasons available, and preferably with subtitles.  But in the meantime, I love this series so much, that I am willing to watch with no subtitles, just because I need to know what happens.  Hahahah 

No comments: