Saturday, April 22, 2023

{ Blog 365 #112 - How the garden is doing }

IMG_5030

 

We've had some rain, the past 2 days, and as always, the plants seem to come alive when that happens.  It's so sweet seeing nature and the way it reacts to a good rain storm.  Everything looks greener, flowers immediately open up, even the birds seem happier.
 
I started our seeds, finally, or rather, I started some of our seeds.  Still have quite a few left to plant, but will do that this week.  
 
I honestly can not wait, to get my garden area set up and going.  
 
The garden we had before, has been turned into our big chicken coop area, so now we have to plan where the actual veggie garden will go.   We have an idea, but it's a matter of setting down some raised beds, or dividers, and making sure the soil is ready for these new seedlings as soon as they are big enough to go in the ground.

IMG_5031

IMG_5032

IMG_5034

IMG_5035

IMG_5037

IMG_5038

IMG_5040 

 
In the meantime, I am left admiring the growth all around me.  Our fruit trees are doing really well, although I don't think we will have fruit yet this year, probably next year or the next.  
 
We still want to add an apple tree to the little orchard as well, so thinking of doing that within the next few weeks.
 
But here's a little peek at some of the beautiful greenery in our yard.
 

No comments: