Monday, April 24, 2023

{ Blog 365 #114 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/24/2023 }

 
 
 
Good morning my sweet friends, come on in and sit with me a little. I have some hot coffee, and a slice of cake if you wish.  

Well, it's Monday morning, a brand new week is before us.  I must say, I had a wonderful weekend, but got no sleep last night, maybe 30 mins, if that.  So I'm slow moving this morning.

We have but one week left of Jasmine's work training.  It's been 8 weeks of crazy schedules, but we are at the finish line.  Thank God!

I can't wait to get back to my routine, my normal homemaking and blogging.  It's exciting. Anyway, it's a cloudy, rainy day, and I have a lot to get done, so I'll get right on with our post.
 
Have a blessed week my friends ♥

 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Hot afternoons, but some cooler mornings still.  I actually felt cold last night.   We are expecting some rain this week, which is always my favorite weather, as long as it doesn't develop into severe thunderstorms, because as you know, we live in Tornado Alley. 
 
Monday -  Cloudy, 62
Tuesday - Thunderstorms, 67
Wednesday - Thunderstorms, 62
Thursday - AM clouds, 67
Friday - PM showers, 69
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 68
Sunday - Sunny, 78



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥ 
Cloudy skies, and a slight breeze moving across the trees. 
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Working on this post, and watching my show on the TV.
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
On how people seem to have lost their mind.  I had 2 cars in front of me this morning, on the highway, come to a complete stop and sit there honking at each other.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  I had to stop as well, while they continued their honking, and all because one needed to get over to the other lane, to make the exit, and the car next to it was not allowing him in.  
 
What on earth people? 
 
 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
Tired, but good otherwise.  
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Cup of coffee with peppermint mocha creamer, and 2 slices of toast with butter. 
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
I have my soup from yesterday, which I'm really looking forward to having, for lunch. 
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Pork Chops, Potato Bake and sauteed squash. 
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Black leggings and a dark grey long sleeved v-neck. 
 
 
 ♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
Reading through Romans in the Bible
Paul David Tripp New Morning Mercies devotional. 
Starting Francine Rivers  A Lineage of Grace.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
Love in Chains (loving this russian series)
Homemaking vlogs 
Expanse - watching this one with hubby
 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 
Will be working the new meal plan out, for the next two weeks, so I have meals until Thursday.
 
Monday - Pork Chops, Potato Bake and sauteed squash
Tuesday - Bacon wrapped Chicken legs, Basmati Rice, Salad
Wednesday -  Creamy Beef and Shells, Broccoli and Cauliflower
Thursday - Cowboy Stew, Salad
Friday - *Grocery Shopping*
Saturday
Sunday -


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥♥ 
It is really quiet.  The chickens are asleep, Kaia and Elliott are also asleep on my bed.  Everyone else is off to work, so it's just me and a quiet house.
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
- Laundry
- Start new menu plan
- Start new book
- Usual daily homemaking
 
 
♥♥  From the camera  ♥♥ 
Just love my Bearded Iris flowers, they are beautiful.  ♥  
 

 
 
♥♥  Devotional  ♥♥ 
Since God writes your story, He knows what you're facing and exactly what Grace you'll need to live His way. - New Morning Mercies

8 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

What in the world is wrong with the world? People are doing crazy things here too - so glad they taught defensive driving when I took drivers ed all those years ago. Glad you had a relaxing weekend and are starting the week off quiet. Have a blessed week my friend.

Luludou said...

Had never heard of defensive driving, but looks promising. People are just crazy these days. Seems like you got a nice relaxing weekend in. Enjoy your rainy days... I do love rain too.

Daniela said...

Oh, I also love rainy days so so much and cannot remember the relaxing sound of the rain falling...Here it doesn't rain for so many months, alas!
Enjoy your rainy day for me too, dear Sandra!
With sincere gratitude for hosting,
I'm sending my biggest hug to you
X Daniela @ ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Our spring flowers are blooming too, but now they say a possible frost tonight. Have a great week!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

People act as if they've forgotten how to drive, yikes! I hope your weather brings you plenty of necessary rain, but no nastiness. Love that bearded iris!

Mrs.T said...

Mmmmm ... your coffee with peppermint mocha creamer sounds so good on a chilly rainy morning like we have here!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! I'm so glad you're in the home stretch and will be back to normal soon. I have no doubt how wonderful that will feel. ;) The irises are beautiful!! I'm so ready to see flowers around here. Hopefully in the next few weeks. Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Jean said...

Hope you got some rest yesterday! Those sleepless nights are the worst. Such pretty iris flowers! I've been enjoying my neighbor's grape ones. Mine decided not to play this year, no blooms. Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!