Saturday, April 29, 2023

{ Blog 365 #119 - Grocery shopping and a few deals }

IMG_5081

 
I usually go grocery shopping on a Friday.  It's a habit that was formed when we were active duty Air Force.  If you are in the military, or know someone in the military, then you know that we got paid the 1st and 15th of every month.  

Hence, my shopping for two weeks at a time, and on the first and 15th or so, of every month.

However, Friday, I ended up not going grocery shopping, and I don't remember why exactly.  I just know that something came up, so I left it for Saturday morning.

It was wonderful being back in the store.  I tend to flip flop between the commissary and Walmart pickup, and I don't know why because pickup always frustrates me in one way or another.  There is either something not available, or I get the wrong size or something.  And then I complain to my husband, and he always says "why are you continuing to do pickup then, go to the commissary."

He's right.  But don't tell him I said that.  Hahahaha

Anyway, I got all my groceries at the base commissary, and they had some good deals this weekend.  I guess they had a case lot sale, which is like a sidewalk sale where they sell in bulk.  They used to do it all the time back in Mountain Home, Idaho.  We loved those days because we stocked up on some great items, for cheap.

The first item I picked up, was this box, which was actually the last one they had.  $42, and it came with:

4 lbs. ground beef
3 lbs. boneless center cut pork chops
3 lbs. bottom round steaks
3 lbs. beef cube steaks
2 lbs. boneless pork tenderloin

I thought it was a pretty good deal.


IMG_5079

 
The second deal I got, was this box of 10 lbs of spare ribs, for $10, so another great deal as well.  I don't always buy extra, because frankly, I don't always have the extra money for such.  But when we do, and I see a good buy, I grab it for our chest freezer.  

It's always good to have extra meat in there.

IMG_5080

Aside from these two, I got my usual groceries.  Still spent $350, which seems to be the norm as of late.  Long gone are the days where I was able to get groceries for two weeks, for $250.  But, we adapt and try to adjust to the rising prices, as best as we can.


No comments: