Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day 29

What a BUG filled day I had.  I honestly got up, and by 7am was ready to go back to bed and start the day again.

It started with another blowout with a bunch of ants in my kitchen/living room area, mopping of floors again, more comet cleaner set out outside the perimeter of the house and then vinegar etc.  I'm SO sick of ants.

I thought I was done though, and I sat down to have my coffee when Nicholas asked for some breakfast, so  got up, headed to the cereal cabinet and thought I saw something from the corner of my eye, but I figured I was just imagining things.  Yeah NO.

Low and behold a lizard....a LIZARD folks, was in my cabinet.  Everytime it moved an inch I let out a blood curdling scream, you don't understand I can not stand lizard they make my skin crawl, they make me want to throw up, they give me goosebumps and I actually shiver and want to just cry LOL  It was a sad sight.

I was on a kitchen bench, with metal tongs in my hand, removing all the cereal boxes and every time that darn thing so much as moved I screamed, so much so that the last time I saw it and screamed I actually scared the darn lizard LOL

And the person who saved me, was Jasmine...she got rid of it for me.  How embarrassing.  Actually, no scratch that, I am not going to be embarrassed, I don't care what anyone thinks, I hate those things and I can't be near them Hahahah


::::  nasty little bugger, I still get goosebumps thinking about it
Day 29


:::: she trapped it and then set it loose out in the front yard, and it started running towards me and I kicked rocks in it's path and screamed my way into the house
Day 29


:::: lunch, a quick wrap. I think this is my favorite easy go to meal
Day 29


:::: a view of my kitchen
Day 29


:::: fixing dinner, a little boy snapped this pic of me, he says this is how I always am LOL In the kitchen, by the stove, cooking and he says it's a good memory for him. I'll take it :)
Day 29


:::: and now getting ready to boil some eggs
Day 29


:::: did you know that if you put baking soda in the water when you boil an egg, peeling it is extremely easy?
Day 29


:::: I've been doing this for years, just never even thought to mention it until boiling some eggs for dinner. The shells literally come right off
Day 29


:::: boiling some pasta
Day 29


:::: Tuna Noodle Salad is one of the kids favorite foods on earth. They can eat this in enormous amounts. I usually make it with either noodles or potatoes.
Day 29


:::: the sun starting to set
Day 29


:::: first clouds I've seen in a long time, maybe we'll get lucky and have a little rain
Day 29


7 comments:

Susanne said...

I'm so glad you mentioned the hint with the baking soda. I've been plagued with the boiled eggs not wanting to peel for years.

I'm not normally afraid of Lizards. When they are behind glass in a nice aquarium, I mean. If I had one in my cupboard, I totally get your reaction! Yay for Jasmine for being the hero of the day.

Conny said...

I hope you all get rain ... my sister-in-law in Mesa posted pics of a dust storm there tonight :(

Ewww on the lizard - we get the kind in our house that when the cats go to grab them by the tail, their tails fall off!!! GROSSES ME OUT EVERY TIME!!! THankfully, I don't have them often.

Thanks for the egg tip!

Anonymous said...

I never knew that about baking soda and eggs! I will try that as I get frustrated every time I peel the things!! We get little lizards too but thankfully they haven't got into the pantry....as far as I'm aware!

Wendi said...

Thanks for the baking soda tip! When the eggs are very fresh they are boogers to peel.

Hope your bug issues are over. Ugg... those pesky little things. Enjoy your day!

Heather Ortega said...

I have the same reaction to lizards. My daughter has to get them away from me. She asked me why I don't like them and my answer was they are just 4 legs away from being a snake. I don't like any reptile things :(

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have the "willies" now just thinking about the lizard! I would have had the same reaction-LOL! I hate reptiles and if I even see a snake on tv then my feet go up on the sofa and I am begging for the channel to be changed.
Thank you for the egg tip, been thinking about making egg salad sandwiches but not peeling the eggs. Your wrap looks so good also, I prefer those to a sandwich.
Have a terrific day!
Laura B.

Melonie said...

Not positive as I'm on the iPod and the pic isn't as big - but that looks like the house geckos we get. He'd have eaten up whatever ants he comes across and moved along. (They are opportunistic feeders.) We have ant problems as well as mosquito problems, so we leave them in the house, unless there's one skittering around in a child's bedroom at night. Those we catch and take outside just so the kids can sleep. We love to hear them "chuckle" - it's the funniest little animal noise and one of the few things I'll genuinely miss when we leave Okinawa. The kids have actually asked if we can BUY geckos in the States. Lol
I admit they've startled me a time or two because they move quickly in my peripheral vision, but they really are helpful. :)