Wednesday, September 26, 2018

{ Cool temps and another dark rainy day }

_MG_3222

Ok, I have been wanting cooler temps, but I wasn't expecting to feel cold last night and all day today.  I actually put on my robe on top of my clothes, halfway through the day. 

The high temp today?

59 degrees!!!! 

Yes, yes, yessss.



_MG_3224

I took the day to work on computer stuff, organizing my pictures and folders, replying to emails, getting book reviews set up and written up to go, schooling, bills, budget and all sorts of stuff.

You know the kind of administrative and computer work that needs to be done but you put off until you can't anymore?  That kind.

_MG_3225

I also finished watching Versailles Season 3 and I'm so sad that it is not returning and there won't be a Season 4.  Bummer!!!

The day continued with it's gloomy dark clouds and rain here and there.  It tends to make me tired and non motivated to do much, and on days like these I struggle to push through and force myself to keep going.

I think it doesn't help that Curt and I haven't had proper sleep the past week, Marley loves sleeping between us but he is such a huge dog and ends up pushing us to the edges of the bed.  We've been talking about needing a King size bed, at the very least, or two or three King's just to be able to have enough room to sleep.  Hahah

_MG_3228

My newest review books have been arriving the past few days, and I'm loving every single one.  I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I would be lying if I told you that it doesn't sway me a little. 

Evergreen Tidings from the Baumgartners has such a pretty, simple, but classy cover, I have I think one more book ahead of this one before I can get to reading it.

_MG_3229

_MG_3230

_MG_3231

Tomorrow I need to do some food prep for the fridge, have a cantaloupe and a pineapple to chop, and some cucumbers and carrots too.  Also want to bake some bread and chocolate chip cookies, so I think tomorrow post may just be a kitchen day for me, but I'll bring you along nonetheless and show you how I food prep.

_MG_3233

Since the day was rainy and a little cold, I fixed a hot comforting soup for dinner.  Curried Butternut Squash which happens to be one of my absolute favorite soups to enjoy in the Fall weather.  I often make a huge batch and then eat it for lunch throughout the week.

I added in some small shell pasta this time instead of lentils, made some oven ham and cheese sandwiches and also threw in a medium frozen pepperoni pizza as per Nick's request. 

Meals don't always have to be elaborate or take too much work, sometimes the best meals are those that consist of a simple soup, a sandwich and good family conversation around the dinner table.

I for one am very glad that one tradition my husband and I have made sure to stick with since we were first married, and even before children, was to always have our meals at the table.  No excuses!!!

And because we stuck with it, it makes me happy to see that it is one of the things my children most associate with our family, and I'm sure will carry on to their own families one day.

Well it's that time of the day, to shut down the kitchen, turn on lamps, close curtains and start winding down for the night. 

Sending you all blessings and wishes for a restful night's sleep.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Your candles are so pretty! We haven't had the rain, just clouds & the much cooler temps (I've been freezing all day, took me until tonight to figure out to shut the windows, ha!). Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.