Monday, September 10, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/10/2019 }

Good morning everyone, hope this post finds you doing well on this beautiful Monday morning :)

The rain has finally left us and we were greeted with warm shining sun and gorgeous blue skies, with not a cloud in sight.

I woke up this morning with my back feel 90% better, and I have to attribute that to the Tens Unit we got yesterday.  My goodness, what a difference it has made, wish I had gotten one sooner.

I'm looking forward to another week of homemaking, some crafting, some more Fall decorating and who knows what else.

Wishing you a beautiful, blessed weekend, and thank you once more for always being here to participate in this feature and leave me such sweet comments.  I'm trying my best to continue posting daily, as well as come by and say hi to you all :)






The weather in my neck of the woods:
We are down to the 80's and that for me is good enough.  Looks like we will be seeing partly cloudy skies the whole week, and then more rain coming in the next week after.  I really do like this time of year because I feel I get the best of both worlds, sunshine and rain :)


Things that make me happy:  
Sitting down after the house has been cleaned, and looking all around seeing everything sparkly and tidy.  I also really enjoy the smell of fresh clean floors.  


Book I'm reading:
The Removes by Tatjana Soli


What's on my TV today:  
Vlogs on Youtube
Lords and Ladles
Another Period Drama - I've been watching one every day in September, and so far this is what I've watched:

  • A Little Chaos
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society
  • Hostiles
  • The Homesman
  • A Promise
  • Far from the Madding Crowd
  • Love and Friendship



On the menu for dinner:
Steak, Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls, Steamed Broccoli


On the menu this week:


Monday - Steak, Cheesy Mashed Potato Balls, Steamed Broccoli
Tuesday - Crazy Pizza Bread, Salad
Wednesday - Carne Picada no Forno (Ground Beef Casserole)
Thursday - Fajitas, Cilantro Lime Rice, Black Beans
Friday - Tuna Bolognese, Homemade Garlic Bread
Saturday - Nando's Roast Chicken, Roast Potatoes, Salad
Sunday - Soup, Sandwiches, Dessert (either a cake or pudding or something)


On my To Do List:
Homeschooling
Housework
Iron and put laundry away


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Some of the recipes on my menu plan for the next two weeks, are from my Portuguese cooking magazines.  I'll share them on the food blog once I've made them. 



In the craft basket:
Cosmic CAL Blanket
Yarn for a new CAL releasing this week


Looking forward to this week:
Want to be purposeful in what I do this week, and that means really sticking to what I have in mind and not falling completely off track as I've found myself doing so often, the past few years. 


Tips and Tricks:
Decorating for each season can become quite expensive, if you don't take care to be mindful of what you're doing.  You don't have to go out and buy a ton of new decor, and you can most certainly make your own bits and bobs to add a little bit of yourself to your home.

With that in mind, I'm making some Fall inspired crochet projects and I'll show you all when they're done, but I need some more stuffing which I forgot I was completely out of. 



No words needed (favorite photo, yours or others):

_MG_2819


Lesson learned the past few days:
That as I am getting older, my body is no longer able to do everything I did when I was in my teens and early twenties.  For the most part, it can keep up, but due to my back issues which are family inherited, I need to be mindful of what I'm doing at all times.

I just need to remember that I can't move in certain ways, or carry too much weight or reach this or pull on that without some serious painful consequences.  So what I'm learning is that I have to be consistent and just adjust the way I do my housework and other task so that I can continue to enjoy what I do, but not be down for a day or two in pain.  

On my mind:
Blog posts I want to do, so I'm taking notes and making a list of upcoming posts, ideas or photos I want to take. 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses or Inspirational Quotes:



14 comments:

Jean said...

I had to google a TENS unit, hadn't heard of one. Glad it helped your back! Hope you have a great week ahead!

Jodi said...

Happy Monday!!! What vlogs do you watch on YT? I love the photo you shared, so peaceful! Have a great day!!

Luludou said...

I've been wanting a Tens Unit - now that I know it works I think I'll add it to my gift list for dh.
You seem to have a lovely week planned. Enjoy!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Wonderful inspiration! Take care of yourself and be kind to your back. Have a wonderful week!

deb said...

Glad you got relief from the TENS unit. Didn't help my daughter at all...but she has ankylosing spondylitis. She is now om methotrexate and remicade infusions. Both seem to keep the edge off somewhat. Back is doing better, but shoulders seems the worst.

My middle son also has AS but the methotrexate was affecting his liver. He's on Enbrel now and it's helping his back.

My oldest also has it and is on Humira. Helped immensely! He was diagnosed very late (3-4 yrs after symptoms first appeared) so he'd already lost a lot of range of motion in his shoulders and hips.

Once he was diagnosed with the HLA-B gene then the others were tested at onset of symptoms and caught early.

My youngest has symptoms but the gene marker hasn't presented itself yet. It can show up at anytime. So he's tested regularly.

My Mom had Lupus, so that where this autoimmune disease came from - yep, hereditary.

Wishing you all the luck and as pain free as possible ♥
*hugs*
deb

Rebecca Knox said...

Enjoyed reading your post today, Sandra! Am glad to hear that you're enjoying the gorgeous weather and that your back is feeling better. Yeah! My cousin recently loaned me a tens unit when I had a back problem and, yes! Miraculous! I'm going to invest in one of my own to have on-hand. Enjoy the week ahead! <3

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I'm so glad your back is better. I'm curious about the TENS unit.

Daydreams In The Desert said...

I'm glad you're having a good week, I enjoyed your post.

Simply Quaint said...

Oh so happy to see your post and you’re much better lord it’s no fun, I’ve had some really bad days.....the tens unit is my best friend....my chiropractor, and I get a massage once a month.....I deal with horrid back pain all the time....but anyways so glad you’re feeling better......live your post

Blessings
Rhonda

Dawn Marie said...

I've always enjoyed your HHM and it's been over a year or so since I joined in. I've been wanting to but my blogging has been slacking. I agree; I'm going to be 40 next month and realize there are some things I just can't do anymore.

Sherry Jolly said...

I'm glad that your back is doing better! How did you like the Guernsey Literary movie? I've been planning to watch it over the past 2 weekends and didn't end up doing so.

Have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I meant to tell you that I LOVED The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - hope you enjoy it too.

Ruth said...

I hope your back mends quickly!

Suzanne said...

I just found your link up posts thru Not Afraid of Color today...love it! I wrote my own post, but do not understand how to link up...I am tech challenged. I think your link up party is a great way to start the week. Thanks for sharing with us.