Saturday, September 29, 2018

{ A day for running errands }

Yesterday was one of those days where I was out for a while and didn't get to do much at home.

I don't mind a day like that, once in a while, but those kind of days always seem to reiterate the fact that I'm a homebody and that is where I like to be.

Housework was done in the morning and then at noon I had a hair appointment.

I was thinking about growing out my hair and actually planned on doing just that, but when I got to the hairdresser, I changed my mind, as I often do.  What happened was a choppity chop like I haven't had in many many years. 

I think the last time I had my hair this short was back in Arizona.

If you follow me on Instagram and Facebook then you probably will have seen my newest cut.  I'm still getting used to, it's a bit shorter than I wanted but it's hair and it will grow out.




I went for an all same size chin bob, but with a lot of texturizing and layers in the back, because I need it, because my hair is super thick and has a tendency to grow out in weird ways and stick up at the back and stuff.


It's low maintenance which is just what I want.  I'm still trying to grow out my bangs, so the front is slightly shorter than the rest of the hair.  I can wear it side parted, middle parted, bangs clipped back or even curly. 

I'm just glad that my stylist knows exactly what works best for my hair type.

My back is feeling better, I've been very careful with what I do and as frustrating as it is to think that I'm just 44 and already having such issues, I think I need to accept that fact and get used to doing things slightly differently each day.  It will take some getting used to but the rewards and being pain free is well worth the effort.

I didn't get much else done yesterday, got the hair cut, ran some errands and had to do a Walmart stop with the hubby after he got home from work, by the time dinner was done and I crawled into bed, I tried to watch a show on TV and fell asleep around 8:30PM.  I think my body needed it because I slept so well the rest of the night.

Today I've been busy with laundry and housework, Curt has been busy with the lawn mower and getting these huge yards mowed, and then he's going to try and get started on pulling the Turbo from my car.

We had to run downtown earlier today, and made a stop in Home Depot for a new belt for the mower, as well as new blades because the old ones were getting dull and weren't cutting properly, just leaving rows of uncut grass all around.

I'm going to do a bit of ironing this afternoon, finish the rest of the laundry, and hopefully sit down for a bit to relax.

Tomorrow is church in the morning and then a day of just relaxing, napping, or whatever else we feel like. 

Much as we all do during the week, it's always nice to take at least one day in the weekend, to replenish our souls, and do whatever we want, or maybe even do nothing at all.  It helps recharge us for the week ahead.

Right, I'm going to get cracking with the ironing, have a great Saturday :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love your hair like that!!!!!!!

Sherry Jolly said...

Your hair is super cute. I got mine chopped about a month ago - took off about 7 inches. I like it better now!

Sherry