Friday, September 21, 2018

{ Scariest moment of my life and prayer request }

You guys, I can't even begin to tell you just how scared I was last night.

If you follow me on Instagram then I'm sure you've seen by now, if not, then I'll point you in that direction so that you can see the video I posted last night.

_MG_3137

_MG_3140

My day started out like any other, the sun was shining, there were hardly any clouds in the sky, and it was just a nice cool fallish day.



_MG_3136

I sat at my desk, enjoying the sunlight, and worked on my new menu plan and grocery list.  It was just a really quiet, easy going day.

_MG_3143

We worked well through our homeschooling and everything just seemed to be flowing.

For dinner I prepared a super yummy meal (recipes are coming tomorrow on the food blog), and we thoroughly enjoyed it.  Then the usual, cleaning, dishes, shower, pajamas and I came to sit on my bed with my laptop and had just started to edit these photos, when I started hearing the wind howling outside.

_MG_3148

_MG_3149

Curt was in the office at his desk and made a remark about it too, he was like "WOW, that wind is really picking up."

At that point our power went out for a few seconds and then kicked back in.

We both decided to go and bring in the trash can from the end of the driveway, and pull in all my planters into the entryway.

Curt headed out down the driveway, and I was standing at the front door just beginning to reach for the first planter, when all of a sudden out of nowhere rain just pours down.  Now when I say it pours down, I don't mean just a bit of rain, it came down so fast and so out of nowhere that halfway down the driveway Curt was struggling to walk.

I remember thinking "Oh my goodness, he actually looks like the weather reporters during the hurricanes."



As he got closer to the end of the driveway, I suddenly see the barn from our neighbor across the street, just be lifted into the air, tumble a few times and come flying towards Curt.

I have never in my life been so terrified, I started screaming his name because he was looking down to keep the rain out of his face and didn't see what was happening.

I honestly thought at that moment that my husband was going to be killed.

The barn flew across the street and slammed right at my husband's feet, the sound of it slamming is what made him look up.  I was soaking wet at this point, my heart racing, screaming at the top of my lungs for him to run.

He turned and ran up the driveway just as the barn lifted off the ground once more and flew into our tree out front.

By the time he made it inside, both he and I were soaking wet, and I was just a blubbering mess.  I couldn't help but cry and hug him tight, that was by far the scariest moment in my life.  To sit there and see a barn flying at your husband, knowing that he can't see it coming and no amount of screaming you do is helping.  Terrifying!!!

_MG_3152

Within 10 minutes, everything stopped, the wind disappeared, and the rain slowed down to a drizzle.

I know that if it weren't for God stepping in at that moment, we would not be here today because not only did the barn almost hit my husband, but if the storm had continued, it would have flung it towards out house.

I am still shocked at what I witnessed, and I don't think I'll ever forget seeing that huge barn flying towards my husband.  Horrible!!!

The rain has continued today, it started back up at 5am and we are currently under a flood advisory until Sunday night.

_MG_3153

_MG_3154

_MG_3161

The house has been super dark today, and quite gloomy looking, but I must say that I love rainy days, as long as they don't mimic hurricanes or tornadoes, because I don't think my heart can take that.

_MG_3158

Anyway, I need to ask for some prayers right now.

My husband came home from work today complaining that the car is making a weird noise and not accelerating.  He has tried to figure out what the issue is, but so far we are at a loss, and if you remember, this car is only 3 years old, it's a 2015 and in very good condition.  It's had an oil change, and tomorrow he will check the spark plugs and a few other things.

We can NOT afford anything else right now, our budget is very tight, we are paying off a lot of debt, still trying to pay off the IRS because no matter how much my husband pays in taxes each month (and it is a LOT), apparently it's still not enough, so the past two years, instead of getting a return, we have been hit with high charges which take their time to pay off.

I'm thankful that we live a good life, and can afford our rent, utilities, bills and food, and really that is all that matters to me.  We may not have a lot of money left to spend on anything or go out and do things, but that's not a priority for us and we are quite fine just doing what we can at the moment.

I also know that everything happens for a reason, and while I may not understand why the car issue is happening at the moment, I just keep in mind that either we will figure out the issue and get it running properly again, or we won't.  It's not the end of the world, and while it may thrown a huge wrench our way for a while, God must have something big planned for us.

So my request is for prayers that the issue with the car is easily fixed, or if not, that we are not discouraged and angry, but rather subject ourselves to whatever the Lord has decided is best for us.

And that is that my friends, it's been a bit crazy the past two days, but I'm hoping and praying for a good weekend. 

Hope you all have a beautiful Friday night :)

7 comments:

Jean said...

That sounds terrifying. Glad your husband (and you!) stayed safe. Praying that your car issue is a minor one. Hope the rest of your weekend is a little more peaceful and calm!

A said...

Thankful you both are safe. Prayers for a peaceful weekend.

Mary said...

You all (car issues too) are in my thoughts and prayers, I will keep you all in my rosary prayer intentions. I’m so grateful Curt wasn’t injured by that barn, all I could think when I read this was tornado. Take care and God bless.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness dear Sandra ~ I can feel your terror as you saw the barn flying. So thankful that God kept you both safe, and your house also.

I pray that your car issue will be fixed easily.

God indeed has a plan for you. Keep your focus on Him and be thankful for all that He is doing in your lives. We don't always understand the 'whys', but we can know that He is working all things out for His honor and glory and our good.

May your weekend be stress free and lovely ~ FlowerLady

debbie said...

Sounds like the transmission,I had the same problem the car was a gonner.been sharing a car ever since

Stacy said...

Ohhh I'm so happy that you and your husband is okay!!! I'm so thankful that God protected him, and as scary as it is I'm sure a part of your heart is encouraged because even in the darkest moments, Gods hand is right where it needs to be, and he protected you both through the storm! I will pray for you with the vehicle issues, and I couldn't relate more. Our family is struggling financially really hard right now, and just this morning the belt fell off of one of our cars in our driveway... so I understand how hard this is, you will absolutely be in my prayers!!! God is bigger, and he can handle this.. if He can protect you in the storm, protect your husband from the direct path of death, He can handle anything!!!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

oh, my goodness, I am so happy that your husband is all right! Thank God for His protection! Hoping all works out with the car and that it is an easy and inexpensive fix!