Monday, September 24, 2018

{ Usual Monday }

_MG_3191

I always find that my Mondays are pretty much the same.

The weekend means relaxation, taking it easy, not being so on top of putting things away immediately or tidying it all up and so forth.



But that means that when Monday morning rolls around, I'm usually thinking that I need to stop being so slack on the weekends and making sure that everyone pitches in to get their stuff put away.  I do tell myself that....do I actually follow through???  No!!!

_MG_3193

I picked up some of the decorative gourds and 3 little pumpkins for some fall decorating.  I don't know yet what I'm going to do with them or where I'll place them, but I'm sure I'll come up with a spot for them.

_MG_3195

Was able to finish off another diamond, and now have 4 to go, so hopefully tomorrow I'll get at least 2 more out.  I don't think I'm going to be done with all 6 before the next part of the crochet along is released on Wednesday.

That's ok though, I used to think that crochet alongs meant I had to stay on top of it and go along as it went from week to week otherwise what was the point, but life gets in the way and it's not going to stop just because I want to sit and crochet.  I've since allowed myself to crochet as I can and follow along at my own pace.

_MG_3203

I also took a few minutes to clean up the bookshelf in my bedroom.  3

Nick and I worked on schooling, he has a lot of work to get through and he's finding it a bit overwhelming at the moment.  I guess it's normal for 10th grade, but I do find that every year the work load seems to get bigger and bigger for the kids.

We will get there though.

_MG_3200

Dinner tonight was really easy and one of my favorite comfort homemade meals.  Bangers and Mash.

I tried out these new sausages from Walmart, or rather new to me, because I find it a bit hard to find good sausages like we had in South Africa and I know are the same in the UK.

_MG_3194

Of course since I'm on a Pressure Cooker kick, I had to pull that out again to use.  Actually I don't need to keep pulling it out, I've used it so much that it has it's own permanent spot on my kitchen baker's rack.  I love having it always on hand and easy to get to.

_MG_3202

Dinner was a success!!!

I never thought to make the sausages in the pressure cooker, and I do need to cut down on the cooking time a bit.  These sausages were quite big so I went with 7 minutes but that was far too long and they ended up splitting down the middle.

Aside from that, both the mash and the sausages were made in the pressure cooker, so in no time, I had dinner on the table.  What could be better than that?

And that is really all that went on here today.  Oh I did add some recipes to the food blog, I mentioned it earlier in the Happy Homemaker Monday, so if you missed that go and check out the post below, or just head right to Full Bellies, Happy Kids and grab the recipes there.

Hope you all had a wonderful Monday!!!

No comments: