Friday, March 10, 2023

{ Blog 365 #69 - Favorite childhood book series }



I was looking through the Thrift Books website, where I always go for second hand books that I can't find anywhere else, and came across one of my favorite series as a child.

The Famous Five by Enid Blyton?

Anyone else remember these gems?  Oh I would sit for hours, on my bed, with a blanket wrapped around me, deep in reading.  I felt like I was transported right along with the five characters, exploring, adventuring and having so much fun.

They were by far my absolute favorite book series.  The first of the series, Five on a Treasure Island, was released in 1942.  Wow!!!

I found quite a few on Thrift Books and have added them to my cart for a future purchase.  Can't wait to get them.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I don't remember those, but I recently introduced my granddoll to The Boxcar Children series. Did you ever read them. One of my childhood favorites.

Mrs.T said...

I will have to check this series out! And I too find Thriftbooks to be an amazing resource.

Jean said...

I've not heard of that book series but it sounds like a really good one.

Pamela said...

One of my all-time favorite series! I read them as a child, bought the collection (Amazon.co.uk at the time but it's been a while), read them again, read them to my daughter, love the adventures with lashings of ginger beer! Enid Blyton is the author of my other favorites, the Malory Towers and St. Clare's boarding school tales. How I wanted to have a tuck box and go to a midnight feast! Thank you for the lovely trip down memory lane!