Monday, March 20, 2023

{ Blog 365 #79 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/20/2023 }


 
Good morning everyone, and a very happy Monday to you all.   
 
This post is going up a bit later than usual, I had to run some errands this morning, and am only now getting to sit down and work on our Happy Homemaker Monday. 
 
So with that said, let's just get right on with it.
 
Have a blessed week friends ♥
  




The Weather:::
Cold, freezing temps in the morning.  We went from 86 degrees to 26.  Absolutely ridiculous. 
 
Monday - Wind and cloudy, 61
Tuesday - AM clouds, 79
Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, 83
Thursday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 75
Friday - Mostly sunny, 70
Saturday - Sunny, 72
Sunday - Sunny, 73


As I look outside my window:::

Sun is shining.  There are birds eating the deer corn, and flying back and forth from the ground to the trees.      


Right now I am:::
Typing up this post and listening to a podcast.         


Thinking and pondering:::
About my ongoing car problems.  We had to order a new part online, and when it arrives tomorrow, we will install it.  Hopefully it fixes the coolant leak issue, once and for all.    


On my bedside table:::
At the moment, my coffee cup, water bottle and tv remote.     


On my tv this week:::
Portuguese Soaps - Quero e Viver, Para Sempre and Flor Sem Tempo
Homemaking Vlogs on Youtube
Podcasts on Rumble
Star Trek Picard 


Listening to:::
Podcast on the tv.   Baby chickens in the office, happily chirping away.       


On the lunch plate:::
Not sure yet.  Probably leftovers.  
 

On the dinner plate:::
Ham, Bacon and Cheese stuffed Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Salad 
 

On the menu for this week:::
 
Monday - Ham, Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Salad
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken Thighs, Potato Salad
Wednesday - Slow Cooker Shepherd's Pie, Mixed Veggies
Thursday - Slow Cooker Ravioli, Garlic Bread Knots
Friday - Pork Roast, Rice with carrots, Salad
Saturday - Homemade Quesaritos
Sunday - Corned Beef Hash, Steamed Broccoli
 
 
On my reading pile:::
Longbourn by Jo Baker.
Bible 
A prairie Girl's Faith by Stephen W. Hines
A Feather on the Water


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - Put away clean dishes, take out meat for dinner, sweep and mop   
Dining room and living room - tidy up, vacuum and dust
Laundry
Continue cleaning out back porch


Plans for this week:::
Blogging, updating food blog
Fix car


What I am creating:::
Garden plans
Blooming Flower Cushion
Psalms Embroidery 
 

My simple pleasure:::
Crocheting.  I don't crochet as I used to, I actually miss it so much and hope to get back to crocheting every day. 
 
 
Looking around the house:::
Elliott and Kaia are both asleep on my bed.  The baby chicks are asleep in their brooder.  
 
I have a comforter draped over my couches, I always drape them over chairs or couches, once I've taken them out of the dryer, because often times they are not completely dry.  This one is dry now, so I need to fold it and pack it away.      


From the camera:::
These sweet babies have gotten sooooo big.  I can't wait to show you how they're doing now.  


 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::

“Those who find me find life and receive favor from the Lord.” --  Proverbs 8:35

 
On my prayer list:::
My mom Jacinta - for her brain atrophy and early onset of dementia.
Diane Luckett - she is stable after being hit by a drunk driver.  She does however have a long road ahead, broken pelvis, leg, arm and wrist.  Head trauma and neck trauma.  
Terri Luckett and their children - her husband and children
 



3 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Spring appears to be so fleeting this year! But, those baby chicks are absolutely adorable! I hope your week goes well and your car problems will be over soon!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Thank you for sharing your Spring beauty dear Sandra - continue to live it through you! Lol Chicks sure are a lovely sign of Spring. ;) Prayers for your Mom and everyone on your list. 🙏 And your menu this week literally has my mouth watering! Blessings on your week. xoxo

Jean said...

Glad your friend is stable, I'll continue to pray for her recovery (as well as for your mom). The baby chicks are so cute! Hope you have a great week!