Sunday, March 26, 2023

{ Blog 365 #85 - Spring cleaning the back yard }

March 26, 2023

 
I saw a meme the other day that said something along the lines of, when you're in your twenties you stay up all night, drink, have a hungover, and then take a shower, get dressed and head straight to work, like nothing happened.

Then in your 40's, you buy the wrong pillow and are sent to hospice care.  Hahahaha

It made me laugh so hard, because we all know that feeling.  Muscles we didn't know existed, sleeping wrong knocks you out for a few days, and so forth.  

I'm bringing that up, because yesterday, I decided to mow the back yard, and clean out the back porch, remove all the weeds by hand, move patio furniture, rake and all the other stuff that needed doing.

I felt fine doing it.  Worked from 9 am until 4:30 pm.

However, by the time I got into bed last night, and this morning......I am broken y'all.  LOL

My word, I am so sore all over.  My hands, lower back, legs and even buttocks.  Why?  Why?
 

March 26, 2023

 
But it had to be done.

Just look at that yard?  Looks like I haven't mowed since last summer, and yet it was just two weeks ago.  We've had a lot of rain already this year, so everything is growing super fast, which makes me very happy, but it does mean a lot of mowing every two weeks.

March 26, 2023

 
Starting to look better.  Does anyone else love seeing the yard being mowed?

It's rewarding seeing the mower carve a line through the tall grass.  The yard looks so much better, I just ended up not taking any other photos, because I had garden gloves on and was juggling a rake, a metal weed puller and so on.  I didn't want to grab my camera with dirty gloves or risk dropping it.

But, I will take some photos and show you.

March 26, 2023

March 26, 2023

 
I did take just two photos of my peach tree, before I started all the work.  How stunning are the peach tree blossoms?

Our fruit trees are going on 3 years old, so hopefully soon we start seeing fruit.

And that my friends, was my Sunday.  Busy, tiring, but very rewarding.

No comments: