Tuesday, March 14, 2023

{ Blog 365 #73 - Chickens update }

IMG_4868

 Should we have a quick look at how big my babies are getting?

We started them off in a bird cage, which worked perfectly for them, but they've gotten much bigger and we've moved them to a big tub.  I can't believe how quickly they're growing.

I also can't believe how I have fallen in love with these chicks.  I am now one of those chicken mamas.  

So, here are just a few pics I snapped once they were in their new tub.  I don't like the color because obviously the heat lamp is on, and it's red, and that makes it harder to take clearer photos, but you can still see them.

I don't know if they are female or male, if anyone knows how to tell, please let me know.  But I guess we will have to wait and see as they grow.

The brown on looks like a frizzled chicken.  It has feathers on the feet, and the tips of the wings flare out. 
 
It is adorable ♥

IMG_4869

IMG_4870

IMG_4871

5 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Aaaaah, so cute

Mandy said...

Aww, they are so precious! I can’t wait to read more about your chicken adventures!

Rooted Gramma said...

They are sweet! Your question as to the sex of them reminds me of a funny story: "When I was a young girl (many, many years ago), we always had cats having kittens in the haymow on our small farm in the spring time. I would always ask my Dad "which ones are boys and which are girls?" Dad would always tell me that he'd check next time he was out in the barn and had a minute. At some point he would come in the house and say which ones were which. I'd always ask how he could tell, and his answer was always "oh I just check their ears". For years every time we had kittens I'd spend so much time checking their ears. I told Dad "I sure wish I could tell if they're boys or girls like you do. I check their ears every day, and I don't see one bit of difference!"

Jean said...

Cute little fluffy chickens!

@irina_sweet_home said...

They are cute!