Monday, March 13, 2023

{ Blog 365 #72 - Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/13/2023 }

 

 
Good morning everyone, and a very happy Monday to you all.   
 
It is a gorgeous day here in Texas, the birds are singing and the sun is shining.  Total Spring vibes!
 
I have to go back and add two posts for this weekend, didn't have a time at all, but the point is to have a post up every day, even if backdated, so that's ok.  I'll do that sometimes today.
 
In the meantime, let's get right on with today's Happy Homemaker Monday! 

  




The Weather:::
It's been right down spring weather around here.  We've had rain, our lawns are all a beautiful green, it's been warm and just blissful.    
 
Monday - Partly cloudy, 52
Tuesday - AM rain, 53
Wednesday - Partly Cloudy, 70
Thursday - AM Thunderstorms, 77
Friday - Partly cloudy, 52
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 54
Sunday - Mostly cloudy, 51


As I look outside my window:::

There are grackles and mourning doves eating corn seed, in the front yard.  My trees are all blooming and the sun is shining through the clouds.  I love the view from my living room window.     


Right now I am:::
Sitting on the couch, listening to a youtube video on the tv, and working on this post.       


Thinking and pondering:::
About my garden for this year.  I need to get my seeds started inside, should have actually probably done that already, but it's ok, still got time.  Need to sit down and work out what I'm growing this year, and where in the garden it is going.  


On my bedside table:::
Kleenex, tv remote and water bottle.   


On my tv this week:::
Portuguese Soaps - Quero e Viver, Para Sempre and Flor Sem Tempo
Homemaking Vlogs on Youtube
Podcasts on Rumble
Star Trek Picard 


Listening to:::
Michele from Chickens by the Lake, on Youtube.   Birds chirping outside.  Kaia playing with a tennis ball.        


On the lunch plate:::
Leftover pasta bake  
 

On the dinner plate:::
Carne de panela, rice, beans 
 

On the menu for this week:::
Can't believe I need to go grocery shopping again on Friday, time is flying.
 
Monday - Carne de Panela, Rice, Beans
Tuesday - Chicken Cacciatore, Egg Noodles, Salad
Wednesday - Lasagna Roll Ups, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday - Cheesy Tuna Pasta Bake, Garlic Bread, Salad
Friday - Pork Roast, Fries
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
On my reading pile:::
Longbourn by Jo Baker.
Bible 
A prairie Girl's Faith by Stephen W. Hines


On my to do list:::
Kitchen - wash breakfast dishes, put away clean dishes, sweep and mop   
Dining room and living room - tidy up, vacuum and dust


Plans for this week:::
Blogging, updating food blog
Prepare new meal plan and grocery list
Grocery Shopping on Friday


What I am creating:::
Garden plans for our 2023 growing season 
 

My simple pleasure:::
Meal planning.  I just love browsing through cookbooks, jotting down new recipes to try and planning our meals for the next week or two.       


Looking around the house:::
Elliott and Kaia are both asleep on the couch.  Kaia is by me and Elliott is on the back of the couch by the window, his favorite spot to nap.  I have the house to myself, so it's quiet.      


From the camera:::
My sweet boy Elliott.  I never thought I would fall in love with a cat, but yet, here I am, head over heels in love with this sweetie. ♥


 
 
Bible verse, Devotional, Quote:::
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9 (NIV)
 
I think this is a very important verse to keep, front and center, in our hearts.  The world seems to have gone completely insane, every day there is a new disaster, death, collapse.  As Christians we know all about this, we have been warned about the coming days.  Still living through them can be quite frightening, so I choose to lean into God's promises to not be afraid, to not live in fear.
 
   


6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so jealous of your spring weather! We're still gettig bouts of snow and winter weather with lows in the 20's some nights!

Time is flying by. I really can't believe we're almost halfway through March! LOL yours is flying by faster though. I noticed your BLOG 365 number is a day ahead. :D

Perfect Bible verse for these trying times we're living in. Enjoy your week.

Jackie See said...

Thank you for hosting!

Luludou said...

Elliott is gorgeous. Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm just going to continue dreaming through your lovely Spring views and gardens! Still buried alive in snow up here. Lol And I was reading through a cookbook this morning! ;)

A Runners Mom & More said...

Elliott is a good looking Boy!!

Jean said...

We got winter weather back today and I can't say I enjoyed it, so ready for spring and planting flowers. I also need to get garden things planned. Hope you have a wonderful week!