Monday, October 01, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/01/2018 }

Good morning everyone, and Happy October!!!

Yes, October, can you believe it?

I'm switching up the Happy Homemaker Monday button to a more Fall like one, feel free to use in your own posts this month.

I woke up with a headache after a night of no sleep....again.  But, what can you do, it seems to be a common occurrence as I've gotten older.

Anyway, let's get right on to our post for today, I have a TON on my to do list and not sure if I have the energy to get through it, but I'm certainly going to try.





The weather in my neck of the woods::::
Some rain, some cooler temps, followed by some days of high 80's.  I don't think the weather quite knows what to do with itself either, it's just been a crazy past few months all around the country, hasn't it?

High 80's this whole week with plenty of sunshine, and then heading into the weekend we have tons of rain and cooler temps again. 

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

So far just coffee.  Starting today I'm going to start trying out the Intermittent 16/8 Fasting.  Basically fasting for 16 hours and then eating during the 8 hours remaining.  I've heard good things about it, and my husband is currently on this fasting schedule too and doing well.  I don't think it will be hard for me at all because it basically means that I stop eating after 6pm every night, and then start eating again after 10am.


On today's to do list::::

  1. Laundry -  Have some bed linens to wash.  Did all the laundry yesterday and even ironed and put away, so don't have that much to deal with today, thankfully.  
  2. Kitchen - Empty the dishwasher.  Load dishwasher.  Wipe down counters, sweep floors.   
  3. Living Rooms -  Tidy up, dust and vacuum.  
  4. Bedroom - Make bed, open windows, dust and vacuum
  5. Bathroom - Clean toilet bowls, wipe down counters, clean bathtub and sweep floor.

Currently reading::::
Life Saving for Beginners  


On the TV this week::::
Vlogs on Youtube
Vanity Fair
Paranormal Lockdown
New Amsterdam
Manifest


On the menu this week::::


Monday - Ono's Hawaiian Chicken, Macaroni Salad


Tuesday - Oven Chicken and rice, Salad


Wednesday - Teeny's Mexican Casserole


Thursday - Italian Beef Sandwiches, Fries


FridayCheesy Garlic Pizza and Pepperoni Pizza


Saturday - Grocery Shopping, not sure what new menu is yet

 Sunday -



>If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Today?  Try and lay down and maybe even get a 20 minute nap in.  I'm beyond exhausted and have such a headache.   


What I'm sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::::
Still working on the Ubuntu CAL, have one diamond left to finish for Part 2, then have Part 3 to get through. 


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Nothing new, all the recipes I have on my menu plan this week are old family favorites, and next two week menu is going to be the same, easy, meals I already have on the food blog. 


Favorite photo from the camera::::
Pumpkins on my window sill.   

_MG_3238

Bible Verse, Devotional, Prayers::::
I have a full list of church members to pray for, as well as family members too.  We are still also working on trying to get my car fixed, and we're doing the work ourselves which is daunting but with the help of my brother Paul who is a mechanic, it's been easier.  It's still going to cost us about $600 to fix.


11 comments:

Stacy said...

Happy Monday!!! I love the little Pumpkins!!! The fasting diet sounds really interesting!! I hope you will post a follow up! As always your menu plans are fantastic.. I so hope you get some rest and get to feeling better!!! Have a great week! Thanks so much for hosting!

Jean said...

Cute pumpkins sitting on the windowsill. Great photo. Hope you get some relief from your headache soon. A nap sounds nice (stayed up too late last night over here). And your menu sounds terrific. Hope you have an amazing week ahead!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have you tried Melatonin? It seems to be helping me a lot! I LOVE those little pumpkins - so cute. Your menu sounds delicious this week. We have to get hubby's truck to the mechanic this week so have a lot of empathy for you and car repairs - we did what we could, but will have mechanic finish it. Have a GREAT week my friend.

LA Paylor said...

great photo! I wonder if you have a weather headache... I get those with some fronts that happen before rain. Or allergy... grass pollen is high in fall. I use the saline spray before going to bed. Sleep is restorative... take a nap if you can because any little bit of sleep will help. I saw New Amsterdam and wished it was real...

Heather said...

Cute pumpkins! I haven't found any small ones that I like yet. I want to add some to my kitchen window soon. :)

Luludou said...

I too have been having similar sleep problems and headaches. Hoping it'll pass soon. What is the fasting for? health? weight?
have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Yay October! Love your pumpkin pic. I hope your headache leaves you alone from now on!! I've been getting awful sinus headaches with the changing of seasons affecting my allergies. I take an allergy pill every day (alavert works awesome!) and bad days I take a sudafed too.

Hope you have a blessed and wonderful week ahead with cooperating weather. xoxo

Monique G. said...

I love the little pumpkins. I need to put out my fall decorations.
Hope you start to feel better soon. As a sufferer of migraines, I completely understand how headaches can disrupt your life.

~Mrs.J~ said...

I have been on IF for almost a year now and I eat from 11:00 to 7:00. I love it!!! I had struggled with erratic eating, grazing all day, things of that nature and this has straightened that all out for me!! I also count calories so IF makes that super easy I just divide my number in half and then take about 200 calories off of lunch for a snack at 3:00 p.m. I also drink a hot cup of tea at 9:00 a.m. with unsweetened almond milk to keep me going until 11:00. I know you have a darling figure but I have lost 35 pounds on IF and counting calories!!

Rebecca Knox said...

Happy October, Sandra! I love your tiny pumpkins on the windowsill! So pretty! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

Sherry Jolly said...

October is my absolute favorite month <3 What do you think of New Amsterdam? I haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Have a blessed week!

Sherry