Thursday, September 28, 2006

SLOW COOKING THURSDAY!!!




With fall just around the corner and so many wonderful recipes being shared, constantly, amongst the blogging ladies....I thought that it would be neat to have a feature every
thursday, just for crockpot recipes.

What do you think??? You have some great recipes to share, or perhaps you're looking for some delicious ones to give you a reason to pull out the ol' crockpot???

Well it's thursday ladies and you know what that means. Time to pull out those crockpots and put them to good use.


If you want to join in, just grab the banner and add your name to Mr Linky :)




Smoky-Flavored Barbecued Ribs

3 1/2 pounds pork loin back ribs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon pepper

3 tablespoons liquid smoke

2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 teaspoon salt

1 medium onion, sliced

1/2 cup cola

1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce


Spray inside of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.

Remove inner skin from ribs. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and salt; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs into about 4-inch pieces. Layer ribs and onion in slow cooker. Pour cola over ribs.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from cooker. Drain liquid from cooker and discard.

Pour barbecue sauce into shallow bowl. Dip ribs into sauce. Place ribs in cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low heat setting 1 hour.


12 comments:

Emily said...

Sandra, just wanted you to know that I'm enjoying this Slow Cooking Thursday idea of your's. It's really motivating me to get on top of dinner before the afternoon rush arrives! Thanks! (The ribs look very taste-y!)

Jen said...

Scott loves ribs.......I will have to make these for him,
jen

Overwhelmed! said...

Sandra, since you faithfully participate in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange, I'm going to start participating in your Slow Cooker Thursday recipe exchange. You know me, I love getting new recipes!

The one I've posted I've only tried once and it turned out pretty good.

I'll have to give your ribs a try. :)

Anonymous said...

You just have the prettiest blog, even your posts are just so pretty. It's like reading one of those arty coffee table books. *sigh*

Anyhoo, hope the knife is out of your throat (good costume for halloween though if you go in for all that, lol). Can I link to your post "The things that nourish us"? Send me an email if you don't want me to. I'm not sure when I will post. It'll be today or tomorrow.

Kisses.

Stephanie said...

This Thursday crockpot idea is the best. Thanks for heading it up!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love this idea, Sandra, and your blog. I've been wanting to play the last couple of weeks, but have been out of town.

BTW, I LOVE coming here everyday to read about your day. Hope you're feeling better soon!

My recipe is an easy one for a shredded BBQ chicken to have on sandwiches. We like this better than beef, makes good sandwiches that we have with oven fries and slaw or pasta salad on the side. Enjoy! :)

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Whoops. I added my link accidentally and I've got nothing, but I LOVE slow cooker Thursdays. This is way better than going out and buying a cookbook.

I am subscribibg!

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great idea and these look super yummy!

Michelle said...

these ribs sound delicious!

Barb said...

I stopped by to make a really embarrassing confession, Sandra. I got so excited when you started this. So I posted a recipe last week. And when I started going through my two recipe boxes I realized I'd posted the ONLY slow cooker recipe I have.

I cook in my crockpot all the time. But I don't have recipes for the things I make. So I can't do this again until I figure out how to write down amounts and ingredients for the things I make.

Is that not pathetic? Sigh....

Looney Mom™ said...

I'm sorry you're sick... It's tough being a mom as it is, but when we're sick, forget it! It's good that you're resting today. Sometimes God has to force us!

And I HATE when I get those stupid cold sores; hope it's gone before pics!

Jenn said...

I am so excited that you started this weekly recipe exchange! A few weeks ago I was thinking about needing new recipes for my slow cooker and the thought crossed my mind to start one of these, Slow Cooker Sunday I called it in my head. Honest to goodness, I really thought this. So I'm so glad that you have done it, I was too lazy to. Can't wait to try some recipes!!