Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Fly Ladies, Fly with the Flylady!

I've been trying really hard to come up with a good house cleaning routine. See, my problem is that I tend to leave all my laundry until the weekend, which means I end up doing 5 or 6 loads and then folding it all, but by the time I'm done, I'm just not in the mood to put it away. I also find that I tend to never have enough time to do my sewing, knitting and other crafts.

So, I went on over to one of my favorite sites, The Flylady, and am going to try and do what she suggests. Step by step and one day at a time, I figure I've got nothing to loose right?
I love that site because she seems to know too well how we always get sidetracked by other things and by the time time you realize it, your home is cluttered. I've started by doing something which I've been needing to do for a long time, and that is a shelf for the entrance of the house. It used to be that every morning we would be running around looking for gloves, hats and scarves. So, and being cheap, not wanting to go out and buy some sort of baskets or boxes, I used 2 old lego boxes which I was going to get rid of anyway, and I labeled them. One for Jasmine and one for Nicholas. They each have their own box now and that is where they dump their stuff when they get home, the next morning, everything is in the right spot and easy to find.

Now why didn't I think of that before? It would have saved me a lot of grief.

One thing I finally realized last night is that no matter how much your child tells you that they will get up in the morning without any crying and fighting, it's NOT the truth. So, last night I'm sitting in bed, Nicholas has fallen asleep next to me, and Jasmine is laying down on daddy's side (remember Curt is working swing shifts so he's not home until midnight). American Idol comes on and she knows I want to watch it so she says "Oh mommy can I watch it with you?" and I think to myself, you know it's only one night, it's not like I do this every day, so I say ok. Well, American Idol didn't finish until 9pm, and I know that's not that late, but for Jasmine, that's major alarms going off. She fights me to sleep for another 30 minutes in which I keep repeating "GO TO SLEEP" and "you're going to have a hard time getting up tomorrow". Well what do you know? I couldn't get her out of bed before 7:30am which is already way too late, seeing as we need to leave the house at 8am to go to school. NEVER DO THAT AGAIN MOMMY!!!
So she wasn't very thrilled when I informed her this morning that her bedtime tonight is 7:30pm. LOL

My sinus is still driving me insane and I'm starting to think that I might have a case of allergies going on too. It would also explain why the constant congested nose. I don't even want to go there, I'm tired of always having something going on, it's either my nose, or it's a cold, or it's something else. Forget it! Maybe if I don't think about it, it will go away? Hmmm, won't hold my breath on that!

Well that's pretty much all that's going on here. I got the downstairs bathroom clean and the kitchen too, which I'm so happy to say that I SHINED MY SINK. Boy, won't the Flylady be happy!!!

So for now, it's goodbye, have a great rest of day, I'm off to try and get some sewing done. This is the pattern and the fabric I'm using, won't it look cute once it's done? Will keep you up to date on how the project is coming along. :)

No comments: