Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Just GO to sleep....Pleaseeeeeee!



My husband is in the Air Force and being a military family, it means that we have to get used to weird schedules and 12 hour shifts etc. I've learnt to just deal with it and accept it and pretty much just move on......but there are days that I really just want to scream.

So, he's on swing shifts, which means going in at 3:00pm and getting out of work around 11pm or whenever. That's all fine and dandy, but of course the kids don't understand, which leads to the usual "when is daddy coming home?" "how come I don't see daddy anymore?" "can daddy get me out of the bathtub?".
Anyway, swing shifts usually means that I gotta do the nightly routine on my own, baths, reading, and the dreaded bedtime. So I finally get all that accomplished, and mind you, I was feeling really proud of myself because the kids were asleep at 7:30pm.

I sat up and watched some tv and finally fell asleep at 10:30pm. Hubby gets home at 11:20pm and our youngest Nicholas decides it's time to get up.........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, No No No No NO, mind you I've just fallen asleep and I really don't want to have to deal with this right now.
I know all mom's out there know exactly what I'm talking about. You are soooo tired that you actually feel nauseous.

So now I have to convince Nicholas that it really IS bedtime. Isn't it amazing how many excuses kids come up with? He was thirsty, and then his tummy was hungry and then he saw a monster and then the pillow wasn't just right.......GRRRRRR
Finally at 2:30am he goes back to sleep but now it's taking me forever to do the same. I think it was about 3:10 am when I did the same and then the dreaded alarm goes off at 6:30 am.......Great, just great, here we start another day and I already feel ready to head back to bed.

I'm just hoping we have a good day and everything runs smoothly, but judging from the look on Nicholas' face, I would have to say that we are heading for a full blown MOMMY AGAINST NICHOLAS day. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: