Thursday, February 28, 2008

The calm before the storm....or the day before the move?


Good Morning everyone, isn't that a beautiful sunrise?

You know I find myself squinting when I look at the photo LOL
I can just picture you all with your hands up to your foreheads covering the sun's glare as you gaze into your monitors.

It's thursday and I'm already mostly packed, I'm not packing the whole entire house, since we're moving just a few streets down, we're going to try and keep things built and together as much as possible.

Really, I just went through an ocean of packed boxes 8 months ago and it's not something I want to revisit anytime soon.

Thank you all for the prayers and thoughts for Jasmine, she came home from school yesterday and said her headache was returning but it wasn't very bad and it only really seemed to hurt when she ran or stomped around too hard. So I'm convinced this is all from her stuffiness and cold that's still lingering around.
She woke up this morning fine and with no aches at all, praise the Lord.

She's off to school, in her cute little braids and looking as sweet as sugar. Just love my little girl, one look at her face and I want to scoop her into my arms and hide her from the world.

So I tell you what's going on here, other than packing, I've been enjoying watching some good shows on the tv and reading my "The Constant Princess" book. I'm almost done with it and have loved it as much as I did the previous one. I truly truly enjoy Phillipa Gregory, what an amazing writer she is.

One show that I really enjoy is American Idol, I watch it every year since it started and I'll be honest and admit that usually it's the auditions that I watch for, I love watching the ones that can't sing. What can I say, it's like a train wreck, you know it's bad but you can't seem to pull away.

I do have some favorites this year, from the boys, David Archuleta is by far my number one pick, this kid can sing and wow, just amazed at him. If you missed this past Tuesday's performance, you have GOT to watch it....he sang Imagine by John Lennon and he had me in tears.



From the girls I enjoy Carly and Syesha.

But here is what annoys me on the show, the continuous fighting and bickering between Ryan Seacrest and Simon Cowell. I will admit right here and I may be in the minority, but I do like Simon, I think he's harsh at times but for the most part he is brutally honest and tells them what everyone is thinking but too afraid to say.

I find it disgusting that Ryan will go out of his way to attack him OR exclude him from the judge's names. What is that about? Where is the professionalism that is supposed to be part of this?


But moving on, I added a new recipe to the Food Blog for Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers. They're SO good, the kids love the filling but completely obliterate the green peppers, it's very sad to sit there and watch them butcher the poor veggie. Tsk Tsk Tsk!

And if you have leftover filling, you can make yourself a burrito. That's what I did, I'm thinking next time I may add in some refried beans. YUM!

I want to stay and chat and catch up but I can't. We start moving tomorrow which means there's TONS to do and not enough hours in the day.

Curt is off tomorrow and the next week for the move, so I'm going to have him watch Nicholas in the morning while I got get the groceries. At first I thought I would wait until monday to do it, but people have to eat and unless I want to feed them some sour cream, or a couple olives and maybe a can of soup....I don't see how it will work.

So here's my to do list for today:

  1. Write up menus for the next two weeks
  2. Make the grocery list for tomorrow
  3. Write up the budget and bills to be paid, U-Haul rental and school yearbook etc.
  4. Put away 4 baskets of clean laundry
  5. Continue packing

I don't particularly FEEL like doing any of it, but I gotta do it.

Oh I have to tell you that for the past 3 weeks I've been doing the Slim in 6 Weeks exercise program. I do it every day, take a break on the weekends, I've dropped 4 lbs and I've lost 2 inches off my waist, my shorts and pants are actually baggy on me. I'm SUPER THRILLED and so glad. I've actually worked the exercise into my daily routine so that between 3:30 and 4pm, that's mommy time, it's great.

I'm extremely proud of myself AND my legs have never looked better either, nothing like toned shapely legs to make you feel good about yourself :)

With that I'm out. I may do a quick check in post tomorrow, probably towards the night when I'll have pictures of the new house for you and the beginning of the move.....but then you won't hear from me until monday of next week, if I'm lucky. I think I've left enough reading material on my blog to keep you occupied, it's not like you'll miss me being gone anyway, I usually just talk about random stuff, nothing that interesting and deep LOL

God Bless everyone, I leave you with this prayer for the family. It always brings me peace.




O Loving God,
bless our family with your love.
Guard us from all danger and harm;
deliver us from anger that leads to division;
empower us to forgive as we have been forgiven;
and send us into the world
to witness to your love and grace;
in the name of Jesus Christ we pray.
Amen.


7 comments:

Amber M. said...

I have an award for you over at my blog...good luck with the move!

Cheri said...

I love him- he has just an amazing voice and he's so humble!
Good luck with the move- I hope it goes as smooth as it can.

Jillina said...

Good luck with the move!!

I'm so glad Jasmine is feeling better!

And I'm sure I don't speak for just myself when I say we will all miss you!! Even if it's only for a few days.

Christina said...

I'm so excited for you. I hope you love your new houses. Of course it sucks that you have to move again, but I know you will settle in quickly. I can't wait to see the pictures.

I hope Jasmine feels well soon. She is so adorable in those braids. I have seen a lot of girls wearing these here lately. I think the braids are making a comeback. Her red hair is so pretty. She is so lucky to have it naturally.

Ditto on the Davin Archuleta comment. I love him and I really think he will be hard to beat. His voice is amazing. I really liked how he was actually able to change this song without ruining it.

Thanks for the recipe. I am going to put it on my list for tomorrow. I love, love, love peppers. This seems like it is a new twist to an old favorite. I will thank you in advance from my hubby. I know he will enjoy this recipe.

I have to check out this Slim in 6 weeks. It sounds like it is working for you well.

Bonnie said...

I hope the move goes well !! Too bad we don't all live closer ... a bunch of us working together could get you moved in no time at all !

Glad Jasmine is feeling better !

and I'm soooo checking out Slim in 6 weeks. I know you've told me about it before but I've been a slacker !

See you next week from your new place !!

someone else said...

I'm with you on American Idol. I love watching it and I hope David goes clear to the end. The boy can sing!!

gail@more than a song said...

I hope the move goes well! Sometimes it's hard to make a move that's close by.
David Archuleta rocks! Amazing voice...and even though Simon is harsh, I too think for the most part he's usually right on! It seems childish for Seacrest to keep leaving his name out.