Friday, October 19, 2018

{ Bookshelf organizing and even more rain - Blogtober 2018 }


The past two days have been nothing but rain.  The raindrops non stop pitter pattering on the roof, the sun constantly hidden behind the clouds and the temperatures remaining quite low.

It may sound dreary, but you all know how much I enjoy this kind of weather and since we are in Fall anyway, I think it's exactly what a Fall day should look like :)


_MG_3499

Someone else has been enjoying the rainy weather.  I make my bed every single morning, after I get up, and the past few days, this is how I've been finding him.  Hahaha

Goes up there during the day, messes up the bed to make himself a nice comfy little nest, then off to sleep he goes.  The amount of times I've found him like this, and the endless amounts of time I remake my bed during the day.  Goodness!!!

_MG_3500

I have two bookshelves in the living room that are filled with books, there's a few that belong to my husband, but mostly they are mine. 

The past few months, my pile has been growing with review books and it was getting so cramped and so messy, double rows of books, piled on top of each other and so on.

My dream is to have huge bookshelves lining the walls, with all my books neatly lined up.  I've actually asked Curt to please make me a custom size shelf for one of the walls, and I'm hoping he can get to that soon.

_MG_3501

This second bookshelf wasn't as bad, but still needed some tidying up and reorganizing.  I also need to finish painting it white, as you can tell by the backboards which are not yet painted.  If I told you it's been like this for 2 years, would you believe me? 

Time really does fly because I've been meaning to find time to do this and it's still unfinished. 

_MG_3502

That looks SO much better, and I decided to color code the books instead of alphabetizing.  I think it looks prettier that way.

_MG_3504

I completely forgot to get a picture of the second bookshelf, in its entirety, only got a little snap of one shelf.

_MG_3508

It may seem like a small task to do and it should be quick, but it took me a while to get things moved around and organized, so much so that by the time I was done, it was lunch time.  I made a quick tuna salad and then sat down and watched a bit of Netflix. 

I've been watching The Haunting of Hill House, which is quite good.  But I also found a new show called Haunted, it's one season, and it's quite interesting the way they've done it.

They basically have an individual who has a story to tell about a haunting they have gone through etc., but they do it in a setting where they are sitting in a living room surrounded by a few family members and friends who have no idea what has been happening.  So the person basically tells everyone their story with the help of reenactment video clips etc.

It's called Haunted, if you're interested in checking it out.  Also, season 2 of Making a Murdered just came out, so I'll be watching that one for sure.

_MG_3509

I've been enjoying my knitting, but I've also pulled my Ubuntu CAL back out to try and catch up.  The big diamonds are now all complete and I'm currently working on the little corner diamonds, as you can see below.

They consist of 3 parts each and I've only done the first part of 1, so today I'll quickly get the other 5 done and hopefully move on to Part 2 later this afternoon, or tomorrow.

_MG_3510

As I'm sitting here typing this post, the rain is continuing to fall outside, I find the sound so relaxing, but to be honest, it's hard to get motivated on days like these because you kind of want to lay on the couch with a warm blanket and either watch TV or nap.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way towards rainy days.  LOL

Right, I have my menu plan and grocery list to finish so that I can get groceries in the morning, I also need to pay some bills and get some dishes going.

I hope you all have a beautiful blessed Friday, and thank you as always, for coming around to say hi and leave such sweet comments :)

2 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

It's going to rain here today. Yeah, it just makes me want to sit and curl up with a good book, or crochet along with netflix.

Sherry Jolly said...

It's supposed to rain today, but it's been blue skyed and sunny so far. It's also my dream to have a complete wall of bookshelves! Or an entire library room....but I digress. Enjoy your weekend!