Sunday, October 14, 2018

{ Trip to the bookstore - Blogtober 2018 }

_MG_3446

Ever feel like a sermon was made for you specifically?  Like when the Pastor was getting ready to work on his message, God popped into his mind and said "this one is for Sandra, she NEEDS to hear this week".

I swear there are days that I feel just like that.

As I always do, every Sunday morning, I begin my day with coffee, my bible, my notebook and Pastor Furtick's live sermon.

Today's sermon wasn't by Pastor Furtick, but by Pastor Jonathan Josephs, and it was so good too.  The message today?  Changing our minds, renewing our minds and how to change the way we think to align our thoughts with the Lords'.

I know I've mentioned it before and invited you all, but if you feel led, every Sunday morning, afternoon and night, the Elevation Church broadcasts live on Youtube so that everyone around the world can join in and listen to the word.



_MG_3448

After Curt got up, we wrestled Marley into the bath tub.  Trust me, I'm not exaggerating when I say that, because he absolutely hates baths and tries to hide.  He is also 90 pounds and not exactly easy to pick up, so it's quite a workout getting him into the tub.

That look right there?  Yeah, no sooner had  I snapped the picture, and he had made a run for it, leaping out of the tub and tripping himself up with his long soaking wet legs LOL

Of course we had to once again wrestle him into the tub and finish his bath.


After that encounter with the tub, Curt and I headed to the mall, or more specifically to Booksamillion.  Nick is just really not enjoying Geometry and the terms, you know the theorems and postulates and so on, are tripping him up.

My intention was to find a geometry book to help him.  I just don't want to pay $50 for the book though, so it was bit of a fail in that sense, though I did end up picking up a study guide which I think will help him too.


Curt and I both LOVE book stores, we could spend hours just browsing the shelves and looking at every single book available.

One thing we both like about Booksamillion, is the shelves full of marked down books, which you can find for as low as $3.   That of course means, that we can't leave without a book, or two, right?

I mean, who even goes into bookstores and buys nothing?

_MG_3451

We didn't get much at all, and all these were around $5. 

Curt needed this last one for his collection, so he was happy to find it.  Wonder Woman The War Years 1941 - 1945.

_MG_3452

And the next two are mine.  The one below I got purely because I find the Salem Witches very interesting and it was only $4 so I couldn't pass it up. 

The Witches Salem, 1692 by Stacy Schiff

_MG_3453

With All My Heart Romance Collection - Five Novellas

_MG_3454

And here is the Geometry guide I found to help Nick.  What I love about these is that they are laminated and full of information that will help him remember the formulas and the vocabulary. 

_MG_3457

I spent the rest of the afternoon ironing Curt's shirts for the work week and putting laundry away.

_MG_3459

For dinner, because it is cold and rainy here, I made a pot of potato and leek soup, some grilled cheese and ham sandwiches and an Upside Banana Cake for dessert.

It was the perfect meal for a cold rainy day and to end off our weekend.

Tomorrow it's back at it, back to work, and school and the usual routine, so I think right now I'm going to end off this post, and go watch some British Bake Off  to end off my Sunday night.

Hope you all had a blessed weekend!!!!

No comments: