Monday, October 08, 2018

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/08/2018 }


Good morning friends.

It is a cloudy and cold, rainy day here in North Texas.  The house is still fast asleep, my husband is off work today so he is getting some much needed extra sleep.  He is very much struggling with the loss of Bella, obviously more deeply than the rest of us are and that is understandable.  Just hurts to see him this way.

We always look to our husbands as the strong guys, the ones in charge, the ones who can get through anything, and when we see them down, emotional, vulnerable, it's quite hard to deal with it.  I'm letting him grieve however he needs to, sometimes offering advice or help, but for the most part, I'm supporting him without being overbearing, and that is exactly what he needs at the moment.

The house feels so empty without Bella, especially when we walk through the office, which was her special place to be.  But, such is the cycle of life and we have to push through and continue on with one foot in front of the other.

Thank you all for the comments, they mean the world.  I know for some people out there, it's just a dog, but for dog lovers such as us, it's a member of the family.

Anyway, let's move on and see what is happening in our Happy Homemaker Monday's.



The weather in my neck of the woods::::
Had a ton of rain from early Sunday morning until yesterday afternoon.  When I say a ton, I mean so much so that local roads flooded and we are still under a flood watch until Friday afternoon.

We are expecting a bit of rain this afternoon, and then quite heavy tomorrow and here and there throughout the week. 



Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::

I've just a cup of coffee with vanilla creamer, and a bowl of Rice Krispies.  I'm not a big fan of cereal, but once in a while I crave it, and last week I started craving Rice Krispies so picked some up when I went grocery shopping.  Takes me back to my childhood.


On today's to do list::::

  1. Laundry -  Finished all the laundry this weekend so don't have any to worry about today
  2. Kitchen - Empty the dishwasher.  Load dishwasher.  Cook meals, but not really doing much of anything else   
  3. Living Rooms -  They are clean so no need to do anything either 
  4. Bedroom - Make bed, open windows
  5. Bathroom - Give counters a quick wipe down.  The rest is clean.  

Currently reading::::
Lady of a Thousand Treasures by Sandra Byrd - LOVING it  


On the TV this week::::
Vlogs on Youtube
Timeless - been watching when I can and am currently on Episode 6 of the first season
Paranormal Lockdown - new episode
New Amsterdam - still haven't watched it
Manifest - still haven't watched it


On the menu this week::::

I'm keeping things quite simple the next two weeks.  For one, I'm trying to cut down on our food budget, not much but slightly, taking into consideration that I already have a pretty low food budget that I've managed to keep over the years.

Lots of easy meals, lots of Portuguese home cooked comforting meals, which also means, some new recipes coming your way.  By the way, I will be adding the last two recipes that I mentioned, on the food blog, today.  Things just got really difficult last week and I didn't get a chance.


Monday - Carne de Panela (Portuguese Beef Tips), White Rice, Beans with Bacon

Tuesday - Oven Roasted Chicken Legs, Roast Potatoes

Wednesday - SOS (Creamy Hamburger Gravy) over Bread, Salad

Thursday - Chicken Fajita Crunchwrap, Tortilla chips and Salsa con Queso

Friday -  Chili Dogs

Saturday - Spaghetti with Garlic Bread

Sunday - Potato and Leek Soup, Zucchini Cake with Brown Butter Frosting


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Going to try and just relax today, I'm feeling emotionally exhausted at the moment, and all the crying has left me with swollen eyes and a bad headache.  So I think today is recharge day for the week ahead. 


What I'm sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating::::
Still working on the Ubuntu CAL.


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Some of the Portuguese recipes are not new to me, but certainly new to you, so I'll be taking photos and sharing them on the food blog.  Also have a few recipes I'm trying from the 3 new cookbooks I will be reviewing. 


Favorite photo from the camera::::
Our beautiful girl, she was 18 years old.



Bible Verse, Devotional, Prayers::::
My prayers this week are for my husband as he grieves the loss of our pet.  For my children, but mostly my son Nick who is also taking it quite hard, he is such a sweet and emotional boy and feels things very deeply.
For my mother in law Pat, for this new battle that is headed her way, and of course for her husband Ken as he goes through this with her, and her sons, my Curt and my brother in law Chris.  For all of us, really, we love her so much and hate to see her go through this.


11 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sending you BIG hugs. Losing fur children is especially hard :(

Stacy said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your sweet Bella, I’m praying for you and your family! I’m with you on cereal, no way I could eat it everyday but every once in awhile it hits the spot! Also, Timeless is great!! I hope you have a great week! Thanks so much for hosting!

LA Paylor said...

oh no.... your beautiful girl crossed the bridge? How hard this time is, letting go of a little dog-ter you knew for almost 20 years! I know how it feels... Take good care of your emotions right now, LeeAnna

Rebecca Knox said...

I'm sorry to hear about Bella. Am praying over you and your family. Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

Jodi said...

So sorry to hear of your loss of Miss Bella... so very hard to lose a pet! Hugs and prayers to you and your family!

Luludou said...

Sorry for the loss of your furbaby.

Jean said...

Thinking of your family during this difficult & emotional time. I don't eat it too often but I do like that cereal once in a while but much prefer it in the treats ;)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh my dear sweet Sandra and family - I'm so sorry for your loss. They are truly members of the family and their loss runs deep. I believe she's running up in heaven in a nice young body again and enjoying herself until you find her over the rainbow bridge one day. ;) Big hugs and prayers to you dear one. xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

I don't know hoe, but I messed up. The first link is from last week and it won't let me delete it - sorry :(

Sew Very Me said...

So sorry about Bella's passing. They may be pets/animals, but they are without a doubt part of the family. Big hugs to you all while you are going through this sad time.

Simply Quaint said...

So sorry you and your family are going through a tough time, many prayers that your wonderful memories will ease each day......

Another lovely post

Blessing
Rhonda