Friday, January 04, 2008

New Recipes and some Bloggy Links!

I haven't had much time for anything and right now I'm trying to get ready for Jasmine's sleep over tonight. She's having two friends over and if it's anything like last time.........Ugh, may the Lord give me strength.

I'm caught up in the middle of laundry and dishes and all that fun stuff, but I wanted to come in and say hi and let you all know that I'll be making my bloggy rounds this afternoon, so I hope you're all dressed and ready for me to show up.......well, look, I'll take just some hot coffee if you have any????

I've added a few recipes to my Food Blog, Grilled Chourico, Portuguese Chicken and Rice and Fish Cakes which I made for dinner last night. Go on over and take a look if you're interested.

I'm sure if you're one of my readers you'll notice that I'm on a Portuguese Food kick, there's nothing like going back to my roots and making the food that I grew up eating, also the one that brings back so many fond memories of family get togethers or just mid week meals, sitting at the table talking about the day or reminiscing about funny moments.


So the other night I was in the kitchen and I went to start the dishwasher only to realize that I had run out of detergent. My first instinct was to pout and stomp my feet......"I don't want to wash all this by hand??? Why does this always happen to me, come on.......I really don't want to do this"

Wow talk about whining, I could not believe that I sounded like that, just as quickly I filled the sinks with soap water and set to washing it all BY.HAND. And guess what? I didn't die and I wasn't struck by lightning, as a matter of fact I thoroughly enjoyed it......won't be too quick to do it again....I mean, I do love my dishwasher, but it goes to show how easily we get carried away with the technology and the easier way to do things.

Why do we try so hard to be as lazy as possible? I am talking about myself here, please don't think I'm pointing fingers at anyone, I don't even know what you guys do with your dishes in your own homes. But I got really frustrated with myself for the grating whining noise that was emitting from deep inside.....I literally yelled out "Oh grow up Sandra". Yes I did, nothing like telling yourself to snap out of it.

I washed the dishes, I thanked the Lord for HAVING dishes to wash and warm water to wash them with, I listened to music on the radio while I did it and I also took time to reflect and chat with the Lord. All in all it was a good night for me.

Why am I telling you this? I have no clue, you know me, I just babble about whatever is going on in my mind. LOL

Do you know Google Earth??? It's this really nifty Google Map program that allows you to zoom in and see your house etc, nevermind that it seems to have not been udpated for about 2 years, so the pics on there are about that old. BUT, last sunday I sat up until 4am with my older brother Paul, and we had the best time. We used the map to literally move through Johannesburg, street by street, marking houses we lived in, places we visited, old schools etc. It was so much fun being able to show my children where I grew up and them seeing it in 3D and not just a location on a map, seeing the houses and what the school looked like etc.

So, thank you Paul, it was a LOT of fun :)

Now quickly onto some bloggy links before I leave to tackle Mt. Laundry again *sigh*

********************************************

Cherry Hill Cottage - you HAVE to visit this blog, it's one of those oooohhh ahhhhh blogs that leave you in awe. This lady can cook and she has one of the most amazing houses I've ever seen.

From the Mixed-Up files of Crystal - She is SO funny and she also has a cooking blog....yay!

Karen's Korner - She's such a sweet lady and I'm so glad she found my blog, which in turn led me to find hers, which is a good good thing.

Simple Folk - Amy is one of my favorite bloggers, she's an extraordinary woman, just go on over and read about her, you won't be disappointed.

The Country Blossom - Katy has the cutest blog and she's a woman after my own heart with all her country decorating etc. Just love it!

I think that's all for linky love right now........just go have yourselves some coffee and peruse some great blogs while I go do.....I don't know....mommy stuff as usual???

I'll see you all tomorrow, God Bless,

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Are they modern "conviences" or modern "complications?" I love 'em, but they don't always make life easier.

Sandra said...

I completely agree Heather....at times they make my life more complicated! LOL

heidi @ ggip said...

Pretty new blog! I hate washing dishes by hand too, but I generally find that once I start, it isn't so bad. I am inately lazy too.

My husband LOVES google earth. He uses it all the time to look at stuff and measure distances and stuff like that. It is fun, but I'm not addicted to it;)

Courtney said...

I hope Jasmine's sleepover goes smoothly=)
Matt loved google earth when he was deployed. It is pretty cool.
I smiled when you mentioned talking with God as you washed dishes. I don't have a dishwasher (Grrr!) & hated doing dishes but lately I have found myself doing the same thing. It is a few minutes I can kind of have alone & I usually reflect on my day & chat away with God.
Have a great weekend!

Annie said...

I'm heading over to look at the recipes... a quick tip though... if you run out of dishwashing detergent you can add a small (very important) amount of liquid dishwashing (hand) liquid and some liquid bleach. I've done this many many times.

Anonymous said...

People think I'm crazy because even though we have a dishwasher, I almost always do my dishes the old-fashioned way! Maybe I'm nuts, but I find there is something very relaxing about it, LOL!

Jen said...

I'll have to check the others out...but I visit Cherry Hill everyday and love her...she does have great recipes.

Anonymous said...

Oh no our dishwasher packed up just before Christmas and we've been washing things by hand ever since. I know how you feel! I need to praise the Lord for the warm water and the dishes to wash too!! Thanks for the reminder!

Good luck with the sleepover!

Anonymous said...

I had to wash dishes for a couple of months while my dishwasher was on the fritz. I am SO happy it is working again! :D

Thanks for the links! I have added a couple of them to my Bloglines!

Sherry

Jillina said...

Good luck with the sleepover. :)

I can soooo hear you being upset over dishes! Our dishwasher in this .... apartment...bleh... doesn't work at all. So I did the next best thing, taught Zachary to do the dishes. Granted, I have to go back and re-wash them all after he goes to bed (helloooo greasy residue!) but it helps him learn how important it is to rent quality places instead of cheap ones! :D

<3

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweeeet comment over at Love Sows Seeds Sandra, you are a good bloggy friend, made my eyes water - lol but I'm an old softy.

I'm permanently (until I change my mind again ;)) back at A Bend in the Road and I'm plain ol' 'Sarah' again too.

Hugs n' kisses dear friend.

Anonymous said...

i hadnt been here in a while so i was on here to catch up cuz im back blogging again . i love your new layout on here its cute.

crystal said...

How fun! I was catching up on your blog & saw myself! It made me smile that you had a chat with the Lord while doing dishes; I have my best talks with Him when I'm on a road trip, without Mike to talk to, and the kids are all sleeping.