Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 17 Christmas Tree Reveal


_MG_8465

First, I want to apologize for this going up so late today.  I am not feeling very well this morning and have been kind of out of it, so I put off taking the photos of the tree until about 30 minutes ago.

I finally have them and now I'm ready for the Christmas Tree Reveal.  I'm sure some of you will be doing your Christmas in your home country posts today because of the confusion yesterday, but that is fine, I'm looking forward to reading them nonetheless :)

I snapped this one from upstairs, looking down.....

_MG_8467

The star on top is driving me completely bonkers, I keep setting it straight and it keeps leaning, I've given up.

_MG_8470

You can tell that I am not into perfectionist trees or themed trees.  My tree is a mismatch of all the ornaments my children have made for us over the years, or chosen every year.  My husband and I usually put the lights on but the kids decorate on their own, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

_MG_8472

Some ornaments hold a very dear place in my heart.

_MG_8473

_MG_8474

_MG_8475

Christmas Tree

Christmas Tree

I truly believe that a Christmas tree should reflect who we are and our families, and I think mine does that.


11 comments:

Susanne said...

Beautiful tree Sandra, leaning star and all!! I call my tree my memory tree because most of the ornaments have a memory attached to them. I like it that way.

Rachel said...

Pretty tree! Ours too is a mismatch of handmade ornaments and the kids' ornaments from each year. It is the perfect way to do a tree. This is the first year, we have had no glass bulbs on the tree because there has been no room :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Lovely tree! I so agree that it should reflect who you are as a family. I know ours is year's worth of favorites.

Dawn Marie said...

Beautiful tree. My tree is decorated the same. No theme, just lots of ornaments that the kids have picked out or made. That makes it the best tree of all. I hope you feel better soon.

Amy at love made my home said...

Beautiful! Lovely photos too!! I hope that you are feeling better again very soon. xx

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Pretty tree dear friend. Now get to feeling better!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hope you are soon feeling much better dear Sandra.

Your tree is lovely, filled with lots of love & happy memories. That's the best kind. The lopsided star only makes it lovelier.

Have a wonderful Christmas week and day ~ FlowerLady

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hope you're feeling better Hon! I love your tree and all of your sweet meaningful ornaments. That corner is just so picture perfect for your tree!! xo

Peechy said...

Lovely tree! I'm sure the kids absolutely love decorating it. I hope you feel better soon xxx

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful tree!!!

Liz said...

I love your tree and the whole area around it. So picturesque, even with the leaning star. Trees with themes are very beautiful, but I want my tree, much like yours. A theme of family, memories, and just a theme of us over the years.