Thursday, December 04, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 4 Favorite Christmas Music


So here we are, Day 4 and it's all about the Christmas music.

I start listening to Christmas music pretty much around the time I start watching the movies, so beginning of November.  I know it may seem early but I can't help it.

Growing up I used to love all the traditional ones, the Jingle bells and the Santa is coming to Town and so forth.

As I got older I started enjoying the instrumental Christmas music and could listen to it for hours and hours.  But the last few years I've really gotten into a different genre, more of a bluegrassy, country kind of Christmas sound.

My current favorite to pop in and listen is Smoky Mountain Band Christmas.  LOVE it!  You can give it a listen here if you wish.

Also Christmas in the Smoky Mountains, best of Bluegrass Christmas.

Both of those you can find on Spotify if you use that program.

Right, now for the list of my favorites whether original or instrumental or whatever......

Jingle Bells,
Deck the Halls
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
In Excelsis Deo
Silver Bells
Little Drummer Boy
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
All I want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
This Christmas - Wham
All the Michael Buble Christmas songs

I think those are by far the ones I love the most, not to say that I don't enjoy the others, but these definitely say Christmas to me.

You can listen to the Bluegrass Christmas below, I've embedded my Spotify list for you all to enjoy :)




10 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm going to have to check out the blue grass Christmas music jam Sandra! Lol
I hadn't really thought of that music for Xmas, but I do love that style so will check it out.

Love all your other selections too! I LOVE Michael Buble too and hope he does his special this year!! Christmas music is just so good for the soul, don't you think? ;)

Fannie said...

I also need to listen to your bluegrass picks.

Anonymous said...

Love all of the hymns you mention.....and I love Michael Buble too (had forgotten to mention him in my post!)....

Unknown said...

Sandra another reason I like you so well! lol. My husband and I both play in a bluegrass band. Those are great choices.
When I was young my mom always played Bing Crosby's Christmas record and Time Life Treasury of Christmas, those are must at Christmas for me they bring back such wonderful memories. :)

Amy at love made my home said...

Great choices! I took inspiration from you and another blogger and wrote about my favourite Christmas song today! xx

Liz said...

My mom raised us listening to bluegrass. I love your picks and will have to pass it along to her as well! And seriously, Michael Buble could sing the phone book and I'd buy it. He's amazing.

Judy H said...

Can you point me in the right direction for embedding music/spotify list into blogger? is there a site which explains how to do it? I've tried a number of times but haven't had much success. Thanks, Judy.

Our Home Grown Adventures said...

Oh I love your christmas play list! A lot of my favourites are on there :)

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra! ;)

I sent my link again because for some reason it was on day 4 - so I did submit day 5 for today.

Thanks again for doing blogmas!!
xo

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry - me again. Realized on wrong day. Lol! I'll get the hang of this stuff yet, just be patient! ugh ;)