Monday, December 01, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/01/2014

Happy December!!!!

I am a little shocked that we are already at the end of the year, it seems it was just January.  Goodness!

I had a good weekend, a bit busy, but in a good way.  Hope you all had one too, and I mean good weekend not busy because after all, weekends are for relaxing right?

Well let's get going with our first Happy Homemaker Monday of December.  You up for it? 



The weather outside is::::
Cold and dreary.  32 degrees, cloudy and with a little rain in the forecast.  I say it's perfect weather for staying indoors by the Christmas tree.     

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just had a Krispy Kreme donut which I haven't had in years.  They taste just as good as I remember them and I'm thinking I shouldn't go so long without having another.  HA!  Also drinking some coffee with Vanilla Caramel creamer. 

As I look outside my window:::
The sky is a dark grey and it looks a little foggy too, I can't even see the mountain in the distance.  There are a few birds flying from one tree to the other across the street, happily chirping away.   

Right now I am::::
In the living room, relaxing on the couch, my Christmas tree is on and I'm enjoying the lights and the wonderful scent of pine.  

As I look around the house::::
It needs some TLC today, there are a few boxes in the living room from the tree decorations, I need to move those to the garage.  My Nicholas always throws his socks on the living room floor too, it drives me insane.  The kitchen needs some tidying too, but for the most part, it is not that bad.  I am loving the living room with the tree lit, looks so cosy :)


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Have two loads to wash and one to take out of the dryer.
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, sweep and mop.  Clear off the counters.  Clean off the chalkboard with the Thanksgiving doodles. 
In the living room....Rug needs to be vacuumed again, will these pugs ever stop shedding?  Need to vacuum off the couches too where Miss Lola has been laying.  Ugh!   Dust....and tidy up.
In the bedrooms....make the beds, pick up and tidy up, open curtains and blinds and windows to let in some fresh air.  Vacuum.
In the bathrooms....usual, clean the toilets, sinks and mirrors.
Homeschooling....prepare the lessons, the girls are a little behind but it is expected with the high school work load. 
Crocheting....Working on a Christmas tree.
Cooking.....Not sure what we're having for lunch, I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow so I think sandwiches will be it.  Oh wait, I have Fish sticks, the kids like that, I will make some of those.  Dinner will be a Chicken Casserole using drumsticks, bacon and some veggies. 


Currently reading::::
Nothing at the moment, took a break from the Diana Gabaldon Outlander series. 


On the TV today::::
No clue, whatever I feel like watching.  Maybe a Christmas movie, maybe some crime series?


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Chicken Casserole
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -


Have to work on a menu plan today, so don't know what is on the menu for the next two weeks yet.


What I am creating at the moment::::
Christmas tree and not sure yet if I'll be doing something else for Christmas presents. 

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Nothing new, just been cooking up family favorites.  I am hoping to try some new things the next few weeks.

Favorite photo from the camera::::

Thanksgiving 2014
 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Dear Lord, remind me daily that it's You I should rush to during the holiday hustle. Not things. Not activities. I want to seek and find only You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

6 comments:

Tina Leigh said...

Sandra
Next Monday on TNT starts a series called, "The Librarian". It's based one the three movies Noah Wilde started in. They look pretty good.

I hope you show us pictures of the living room now.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have a great week and happy menu planning.

I have the Librarian series set to record also - looks like fun, but I'll miss Noah Wyle being the apprentice.

I'm off to read about Blogmas :D

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

My son leaves his socks everywhere too! What is it about boys and their socks?!? GGRRR Lol

Your chicken casserole sounds yummy!

I'll be back for Christmas blogma today - sounds fun!!

Amy at love made my home said...

I hope you have a good week and find some good Christmas films to watch on TV! xx

Debbie said...

Have fun decorating your tree. We did ours on Friday.

Have a good week.

Liz said...

Hahaha! Both my husband and son leave their socks all over the house. It's ridiculous. I don't know why it's only them. I can't wait to see your Christmas decorations!

Have a wonderful week!