Monday, December 08, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/08/2014

Did anyone see my weekend?  It seems to have evaporated so quickly, I didn't even get a chance to enjoy it.  BLECH!!

Oh well, another week, and one step closer to Christmas.

Let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday :)




The weather outside is::::
Cold.  I'm shivering this morning and just turned the heat on.  It's 36 degrees and nice and bright though :)  

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Nothing at the moment, just my coffee with Peppermint Mocha Creamer.  I'll probably have some toast or a sandwich in about an hour.  

As I look outside my window:::
I see a squirrel on the back fence just trotting along.  I love watching them, they are so funny.   It's a nice day though quite chilly.  Lots of cars going by on the way to work. 

Right now I am::::
Sitting in my pjs and typing up this post.  I'm in the living room where you will usually find me every morning with my coffee.   

As I look around the house::::
Not bad, only thing that really needs doing in the living room is just tidying up a bit, some blankets on the couch that need to be folded and such.  The kitchen as always seems to have imploded during the night, it always looks disastrous after the weekend.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Have one load of bedding to be washed, and one rug.  Everything else is done.  Woohoo!
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, sweep and mop.  Clear off the counters.  Put the new menu up on the chalkboard wall.  
In the living room....Rug needs to be vacuumed again, Yes I know, you probably know this by heart but these pugs just won't stop shedding. 
In the bedrooms....make the beds, pick up and tidy up, open curtains and blinds and windows to let in some fresh air.  Vacuum.
In the bathrooms....usual, clean the toilets, sinks and mirrors.
Homeschooling....prepare the lessons.  The boys have science experiments and portfolios to do today, the girls have a geometry portfolio that needs done today.  
Crocheting....Nothing right now, I started 3 projects over the weekend and didn't like them, so pulled everything apart.  I think I need to find a new blanket to work on, I always enjoy those. 
Cooking.....For lunch I'll make Pizza Sandwiches.  Dinner will be Fried Breaded Lemon Tilapia, tomato rice and peixinhos da horta (fried green beans).

Currently reading::::
Been wanting to read something light and fun during the seasons, so I picked up my Little Women book and started that one.  I also have a Christmas Amish book by Wanda E. Brunstetter which I might read as well.  


On the TV today::::
My Youtube Vlogs that I follow, some more Star Trek tonight.  Not sure what else I'll watch.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Breaded Fried Lemon Tilapia, tomato rice, fried green beans
Tuesday - Beef Stew, Steamed Broccoli
Wednesday - Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes
Thursday - Teriyaki Steak, Rice
Friday - Chili Dogs
Saturday - Homemade Pizza
Sunday - Potato Soup in Homemade Bread Bowls





What I am creating at the moment::::
Nothing....but thinking about some Christmas gifts I might want to make.

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I'm so boring lately, I really want to try some new things.  Last week I made a batch of Cherry Pie Cookies, also making some Chocolate Vodka and want to possibly make some Peppermint Patties again.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Candle light morning


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

Generous God, help us to be thankful for our blessings, especially when life is difficult. In this way we are witnesses to your love. Amen.

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

5 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I hear ya about this weekend Sandra! What is it about the holidays that makes time run at lightening speed?? Need to slow down and reflect and be in the moment more don't we?

I think that's what I'll work on this week. Will be back later for Blogmas.

Happy Monday!

Debbie said...

Pretty photo and I love your menu this week.

Have a great week!

Liz said...

Your candle holder really is quite beautiful.

I love your menu. Teriyaki Steak sounds so delicious!
I know exactly how you feel about the weekend. It's gone so quickly and then your exhausted and back to the daily routine.

Hope you have a wonderful week.

Jen said...

I feel as if I blink and the weekend is gone. Especially now that I'm working outside our home. Im looking forward to time off soon!!

Have a great evening.

Amy at love made my home said...

I really like your favourite picture from the week! I hope that it is a good week for you and not too too cold. xx