Friday, December 19, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 19 Preparing for Christmas

 

Hello my friends, how are your Christmas preparations coming? I am glad to say that we are well under way here and pretty much on the home stretch.

Today I spent most of the morning in the kitchen with Jasmine, she loves baking and was just on a mission. Oh goodness, I'm tired BUT I'm happy, because for years I wanted her to get into baking and cooking and have days in the kitchen with her and now I finally get that. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Let me show you what we made.....

Chocolate Mint Bark

Chocolate Mint Bark

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

White Chocolate Peppermint Bark

Chocolate Mint Cookies

Chocolate Mint Cookies

Yuletide Bars

Yuletide Bars

In the fridge we have a batch of fudge that we are still waiting on to firm up.  I am not good with fudge though so I'm crossing my fingers and we'll see how that goes LOL

As for the rest of the preparations, there is a lot of this going on....

_MG_8489

and crazy baking days....

_MG_8490

Desperately trying to get Christmas cards out.....

_MG_8491

Christmas dishes being pulled out of storage.....

_MG_8492

And a fruit cake that has been boozing it up since November....I can't wait to get into this one.

_MG_8493

So as you can see, we are almost there, just a little longer and we'll finally make it right?  And then the day will come and within an hour it will be done and we get to look forward to it again for a whole year and do it all again.  Oh boy!!!

How are you preparing for Christmas?


9 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

All your goodies look SO yummy! Life is getting totally crazy around here now. Lol

I really try to take time to sit and just soak it in for a few mins here & there. Or reflect on what the season is about.

Sounds like you have the perfect Christmas elf helper in Jasmine. I have one of those too and as she gets older she's able to help a little more every year.
xoxo

threesidesofcrazy said...

SO glad you and Jasmine had such a fun day in the kitchen! Everything looks YUMMY!!!

I too am waiting for the fudge I made today to firm up, but have had great success with this recipe and I'll post it tomorrow if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

That Chocolate Mint Bark looks delicious!! I may do some more baking myself tomorrow..."just one cookie" adds up to a whole lotta cookies missing, LOL.

Unknown said...

Wow! I can see why you're tired! You two sure did a good job. It all looks wonderful : ) I used to struggle with fudge too until I tried the Eagle Brand Fool Proof Fudge recipe. Hopefully yours will come out okay. I'm sure even if it looks a little odd it will still taste good!

Anonymous said...

Delicious goodies! [Have been so busy I've had no time to check Blogmas blogs/posts...am playing catch up today!]

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks as though your preparations are coming along very well indeed!! xx

Anna said...

YUM! that all looks delicious! I miss having the time to make goodies like this for my family. I used to bake and cook for about 2 weeks making things.

Peechy said...

ooopps I thought I commented and linked up yesterday!!

What yummy looking goodies, the white peppermint bark mmmmmmm

It must be lovely having your daughter baking with you.

Liz said...

Look at all those delicious looking goodies! I can't wait to get into my kitchen.