Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 3 Favorite Christmas Movies


Is it weird if I tell you I have been anxiously waiting for this day so that I could talk about Christmas movies?

I actually start watching Christmas movies in early November, I do it every single year and I don't know why but it just seems to get me ready for the season.

I love that this time of the year a lot of TV networks start playing holiday movies, especially Hallmark and Lifetime.  Now I don't have dish anymore, just Netflix and Hulu Plus, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them nonetheless.

Some movies I have on DVD and watch every year with my family, and others I just find online.

So, without further ado, here is my list of favorites......



National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
The Polar Express
The Christmas Candle
Christmas with the Kranks
Elf
Home Alone
Miracle on 34th Street
The Santa Clause
The Holiday
The Nativity Story
Planes, Trains and Automobiles (Not Christmas but Thanksgiving movie I watch every year)

I also enjoy the Hallmark Movie Channel's 12 New Movies of Christmas every year.  You can check out the schedule for the upcoming movies right here. 

And then of course all my favorite tv series Christmas specials, like Doctor Who and Downtown Abbey etc.

Do you have a favorite you watch every year, or do you watch random ones or whatever shows up on the TV?  I would love to know and if possible get some ideas for some good ones to watch as well. :)

10 comments:

Sew Very Me said...

We just love Christmas movies. With Miss8 we do all the cartoon movies like Shrek the Halls; Polar Express and Prep and Landing to name a few.
Then it's time for the non-cartoon favorites like Santa Clause, Elf and Home Alone.
Being in New Zealand (originally from South Africa) we have summer Christmas which makes movie nights more special; we set up a white sheet, beanbags and the projector for movies under the stars.

Anonymous said...

I love National Lampoons and 'Trains, Planes' too!!! [They were my Dads 'go to' Christmas movies....so they make me happy/nostalgic when I see them....LOVING doing Blog-mas (thank you!); I remembered to put a link to Blog-mas in my post today (I forgot yesterday - very amiss of me - sorry!)....

Schotzy said...

THis is so much fun..... I love it.. thanks for coming up with this idea! Merry Christmas!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I love that you love Christmas vacation movie too Sandra! Lol

I forgot about Home Alone - I love that one too, and so do my kiddos!

Polar Express is so good too, but not one I make sure to watch every year so that's why didn't include it on my list.

So fun!! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love Planes, Trains and Automobiles...I wanted to watch that one around Thanksgiving, but forgot about it in the midst of holiday preparations.

Unknown said...

I am so loving your blogmas! All of those movies plus "It's A Wonderful Life" "White Christmas", "A Christmas Carol", "The Santa Clause" trilogy and "The Grinch".

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOL sounds like we're all on the same page with movies!

I can never get enough.

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

I have all of these and we incorporate them into watching movies during the entire month of December. I love to add some of the older 1940's classics like Christmas in July, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, It Happened on 5th Avenue and the Bells of St.Marys.

I too, am a huge fan of Hallmark Channel Christmas movies as well and need to start incorporating them into my viewing at night. Something my hubby and I used to do.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Dawn Marie said...

I like The Santa Clause and Christmas With the Cranks too. I forgot to add those to my list.

Amy at love made my home said...

Some great films there Sandra! Lots that I love too. xx