Friday, December 05, 2014

Plodding along and a thank you....

How are you all doing? Are you plodding right along through this month?

I am finding myself so busy and the days keep flying on by, I fear that Christmas may just sneak right up before I'm completely ready for it.

I haven't had much of a chance to take any photos of my daily going ons, but today I decided to go ahead and grab the camera and snap a quick pic here and there.....not too many, actually only 4 but enough to capture my day.

Why does morning seem to come so soon? I've been having a bit of a hard time falling asleep each night, and only really shut my eyes after midnight, so it's quite frustrating when I open them again to what I think have only been an hour or two, and realize it is 7am. Can you say annoying?

Anyway, here's a tiny and I mean, tiny, peek at my day.

Breakfast::::

Breakfast

Morning candle light::::

Candle light morning

First cookie of the month, Cherry Pie Cookies. You can get the recipe over on my food blog::::

Cherry Pie Cookies

They are so good, so dangerously good.

And just like I said, before we know it, the day is over and the sun has set::::

Candle light evening

Told you, tiny peek.

So yeah, I'm plodding along, actually wrapped the first batch of presents today and I'm quite proud of myself because I only have to buy gifts for my brother and one more for my sister in law.  Everyone else is shopped for and done.  I have never been able to do that, I'm usually shopping until the very last day.

Speaking of Christmas, I wanted to thank you all so so much for the response to my Blogmas.  I truly did not think anyone would post along with me, I figured it would be just my own posting throughout the month and my regular readers reading along.

I had no idea that it would strike a chord in so many of you, and equally in me.

I want to thank you not just for joining me, but for allowing me a peek into your lives and those memories which you hold dear.  It's only been 5 days but I have learned so much about your traditions, your family and your likes and dislikes.

I have laughed along with you at some silly stories and smiled knowingly when you've talked about a special family member that is no longer amongst us but left memories deeply ingrained in your hearts.

It's been such a pleasure reading each post, I have gotten ideas for movies to watch, I've found new music to listen to, I've bookmarked certain recipes to try and even jotted down some notes on traditions which I would like to one day incorporate into my own family.

If you could see my excitement every single day as the links start dropping in.  This afternoon I actually made a cup of coffee, sat on the couch with my laptop and had a grand old time visiting every one on the list, seeing what their favorite food was and enjoying the stories that came along with certain dishes or favorite foods.

Again, I thank you for that because you've made this Christmas season that much more special to me.

I am already looking forward to tomorrow's post.

Well I need to get off here and feed the pugs, take a shower and wait for my husband to get home from college.  I hope you're having a wonderful night.

Blessings,
Sandra
xoxoxo

7 comments:

Conny said...

I'm plodding too ... working full time kind of puts a damper on the things I like to do for Christmas- but the weekend is wide open for FUN tomorrow!! YEH! :)

I've enjoyed reading the blogmas too ... just sad there is no time for me to join right now.

Liz said...

Thank you so much for doing Blogmas! I'm really enjoying it too. The reading and meeting new people with different traditions and favorites. Like you, I've been listening to different music, marking down movies to catch, and after today's writing down new recipes to try. What a fun way to celebrate Christmas and each other. Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Amy at love made my home said...

I have really enjoyed reading yours and others blogmass posts, it has been lovely to catch up with others and to join in - just the once so far! xx

Anonymous said...

Sandra....THANK YOU!!!!! You've made my December that much more special with your Blogmas idea.....I'm the same....I save all the posts up to sit down and ear through them all carefully and slowly in one go....it's such a wonderful feeling, to read everyone's traditions, to see new foods, to hear new music....what a truly WONDERFUL thing you've begun!!! Thank you so so much!! [Hopefully Blogmas will become a new tradition for many of us - it's been so so fun!]

Schotzy said...

A tiny peek, but jsut the inspiration to get out the cookie pan!!!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Those cookies look SO good! Thanks for the peek and for sharing more about yourself and traditions too. It's so fun to read others' as well.

God bless during this most precious of seasons dear Lady.

PS:hoping to get a bunch of Xmas wrapping done this weekend too!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Those cookies look very good!