Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/22/2014

Good morning.  Oh boy, are you ready for this week?  Christmas week is finally here and I think my kids are bursting at the seams, quite frankly, I look forward to it more for them than for me.

Is there anything like watching their faces when they open their presents?

So anyway, I have a busy week ahead (I'm sure that is not shocking at all considering my life seems to be all about busy, right?), I better get on with these posts and get my day started.

PS.....the Blogmas prompt for today will be going up tonight, because it IS a day in the life and so I want to take photos throughout the day.


The weather outside is::::
Well we have had rain for 3 days in a row, and it seems it is finally letting up, not that I'm complaining because I love rainy days.  I was hoping for some Christmas snow but it doesn't seem like it is happening for us, it IS happening about 45 minutes in every direction from where we are.....Rude!  

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Coffee, coffee, and coffee.  I should get something else in my stomach but I'm not sure yet what.  I am kind of craving eggs, so I may do toast and scrambled eggs, or a fried egg?  We'll see. 

As I look outside my window:::
Wet, everything is wet and it's cloudy.  It does look beautiful though and perfect for this time of the year.  

Right now I am::::
Sitting here typing up this post, already dressed for the day and have a running list of to do's in my head.  I am also enjoying my coffee, enjoying the lights from the Christmas tree and listening to the radio.

As I look around the house::::
It looks so cozy and warm right now.  It is still a little dark because of the clouds outside, so with the Christmas lights and the candles it creates a beautiful atmosphere. 


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Have a few loads to finish, didn't quite get everything done this weekend because I was out most of the time. 
Cleaning.... 
In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload, clear off the counters, change the tablecloth out and water the plants on the window sill. 
In the living room....Vacuum the rug and carpet clean it, it needs it before we have the family over for Christmas Eve.  Dust.   
In the bedrooms....make the beds, vacuum. 
In the bathrooms....Toilets, sinks and mirrors. 

Cooking.....Grilled Cheese and Onion Sandwiches for lunch.  For dinner it will be Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes and Stuffing.

Currently reading::::
White Christmas Pie by Wanda E. Brunstetter.......though I haven't picked it up in a few days because I just haven't had time.    


On the TV today::::
I am so behind on my vlog watching and I haven't really been able to sit and watch anything either.  Thursday night my daughter asked me to watch a scary movie, I was soooo tired but I went ahead and did it, we tried As Above, So Below but only made it about 15 minutes.  It was horrid, I can't stand movies where the camera is carried by one person and it shakes everywhere, it makes me sick, honestly.  We ended up watching Jessabel, that was a bit creepy.

On the menu this week::::
Monday - Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing
Tuesday - Ham and Cheese Quesadillas, Rice
Wednesday - Christmas Eve..... Bacon and Ham Ring, Shrimp and Tuna Rissoles, Meat Croquetes, Pizza bites, Finger Sandwiches, Pigs in a blanket, fruit cakes, rice pudding, cookies and candies, King's cake
Thursday - Christmas Dinner....Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Salad, Veggies, Christmas Pudding
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Roast Chicken Legs, Potatoes
Sunday - Pepperoni Pasta Bake


What I am creating at the moment::::
A Christmas gift for my sister in law......still haven't gotten around to it, but really have to either today or tomorrow.   

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Took some photos of my girl yesterday afternoon and I'm shocked at how much she has grown.  If you've followed me for a few years, then you will remember this cute little red head, now she's 4 months from turning 16 yeas old, getting ready to go for her driver's permit, and this gorgeous young woman.  Her dad and I are just in awe of how stunning she is.

Jasmine

 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate the love of God and family and to create memories that will last forever. Jesus is God's perfect, indescribable gift. The amazing thing is that not only are we able to receive this gift, but we are able to share it with others on Christmas and every other day of the year.  *Joel Osteen*


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

LOL sounds like we could interchange days and still be doing all the same things.

I have always said Christmas is for kids! Enjoy this week with them.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

It's been raining here today too. Supposed to switch to snow tonight and snow tomorrow. Should make for pretty Xmas but scary roads!

Jasmine is such a knockout! And you know I think red hair is just the prettiest on the planet anyway. Lol

I'm not able to finish blogmas. I just put up a final post til after Xmas. My life goes super fast forward now and I just won't get the computer time I'd like. Blogmas has been SO fun tho - can't thank you enough!! I'll be back with HHM Monday on the 29th as well.

Have a very Merry and blessed Christmas dear Gal! xoxo

Sarah said...

Jasmine is just beautiful, like her mum.

Haha, I had to laugh at your comment 'Rude' about the snow falling everywhere but yours. That's exactly what I say when it doesn't snow at Christmas but snows in March, it's just rude. LOL :D

xxxx

Kristy Jensen said...

Your daughter is just beautiful!! I love the red lips. My oldest son, who is six, has "orange" hair too. He loves it!

Amy at love made my home said...

I don't know if I will get to comment again this year, but if not, have a great week and Happy Christmas! xx

Unknown said...

Very cute...I like your blog