Sunday, December 14, 2014

Blogmas 2014 - Day 14 Favorite Childhood Christmas Memory

Oh my, there have been so many, and I don't think I can pinpoint one specifically.

I do remember one year, I was 6 years old and my dad's work always put on a big Christmas party for the staff and their families, they also had a Santa and would hand out gifts to all the kids according to age.

My older brothers went up and I don't remember what they got, but they were pretty happy with it.  My younger brother was about 2 at the time and I don't think he could care less or even really knew what was going on.

When I went up, they gave me this huge box and I was all chuffed with it.  I couldn't wait to get home and open it up, I didn't want to do it at the party.

So I carried the box safely all the way home, wouldn't let my brothers touch it and kept it on my lap in the car.  When we got home I decided that now I would look and see what I got, and I was so surprised............so were my brothers LOL

I had received a big slot racing car kit Hahahahahah


It looked something like that.  I thought it was the best thing ever, though my brothers weren't very impressed at why the only girl in the family got the nicest boy present LOL

So yeah, I think that would have to be one of my favorite childhood Christmas memories.  What are yours?

8 comments:

Angel Jem said...

Excellent! I bet you were their favourite sister for a few days? Did you let them play on it with you?

threesidesofcrazy said...

That is a precious memory! I loe it.

Anna said...

how fun! I remember my cousins getting gifts I wanted and they had to share until I went home. LOL! WE traveled to Kansas for Christmas until we moved there. Good times. Sometimes we had Christmas on Christmas, sometimes on Thanksgiving. One year we had Christmas on Halloween, just because it was when my Dad could get away.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Ha! I love this memory!! What a hoot...and I bet your brothers were NOT happy campers. But I bet you were a wonderfully nice sister and let them play too. ;)

Peechy said...

haaaaaaa great story!! I would have loved that present too, I was such a tomboy.
I can just imagine your brothers' faces.

Jhona O. said...

Very funny...and neat!! I'm sure you all had a great time playing with it...maybe they were even extra nice to you that Christmas :)

Amy at love made my home said...

I can just imagine your brothers faces!! What a great present for you though, I expect that you really enjoyed playing with it!! xx

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you received a "boy's toy" and were the envy of your brothers!! What a great memory!!