Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/15/2014

Is it really Monday?  I can say that I didn't get any time off this weekend, it was so busy, as always.  You know I was thinking the other day that one of the most used words for me on this blog, is busy.  Hahahah

Oh well, such is life right?

I want to apologize for not coming around to see the past two Blogmas participants, but I wasn't home all day Saturday and then for the most of Sunday too.  But I will try to catch up sometime today :)   Oh and I haven't put up today's blogmas yet because I want to take some photos of the decorations and it's still really dark outside, so I'll wait until it gets a bit brighter out there.  It will be up, just a little later than usual.



The weather outside is::::
Cold with a capital C.  Past two mornings everything has been frosty and white and really cold in the house.  26 degrees at the moment and a high of 43.  Yep, nice and nippy.  

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Right now, just a cup of coffee with Peppermint Mocha Creamer.  I had someone ask about the creamers and what they're like, since they can't get them in England.  It is just a flavored cream that you put into your coffee, tons of different flavors and around the holidays they have special flavors like the Peppermint Mocha for Christmas and the Pumpkin Pie Latte around Fall.
So yeah, I'm drinking one right now, and I don't know about breakfast, I'm not feeling very well this morning, got a bit of a headache brewing and my stomach doesn't feel right, so we'll see. 

As I look outside my window:::
Frost everywhere, but blue skies.  It looks really pretty actually, but then Winter time for me is one of the most beautiful times of the year. 

Right now I am::::
In the living room, typing up this post and chatting to my husband who is playing a game on his computer.  He has finals this week, and then he's done with this semester.  Today is his Physics Final and he is not looking forward to that LOL  So sending up prayers for him.


As I look around the house::::
Needs some cleaning, for sure.  It's very dark at the moment, save for the twinkling Christmas lights.  My son left all his Xbox controllers and game boxes on the coffee table and it drives me insane.  I need to get things back to normal because it bothers me seeing things out of place.  

On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Lots and lots of laundry to do, I missed two days over the weekend and now it's overflowing.  Blech!
Cleaning....In the kitchen, Unload the dishwasher and reload with breakfast dishes, tidy up the counter, work on the chalkboard, sweep and mop.
In the living room....I've given up on the rug, I'm so tired of vacuuming the thing and these pugs don't seem to be stopping with the shedding anytime soon.  Frustrating!  I also need to take two hug boxes out to the garage, my husband works for Nestle and they sent him 2 of those motorized cars for little ones, he had to assemble them and take them to work for a giveaway.  I have the boxes in the middle of the living room at the moment, and you KNOW my eye is twitching.  LOL 
In the bedrooms....change the bed linens, vacuum, dust.  Open blinds and windows. 
In the bathrooms....Toilets, sinks and mirrors.  Sweep and mop.
Homeschooling....look through today's lessons, come up with a plan to help these girls get caught up, at this point they WILL be working through their Christmas break.   
Cooking.....I'm thinking of doing some Quesadillas for lunch.  I do need to go grocery shopping, but I'll do that tomorrow.  For dinner I'll be making a Butternut Squash Soup and some Grilled Cheese and Onion Sandwiches. 


Currently reading::::
White Christmas Pie by Wanda E. Brunstetter.   

On the TV today::::
More vlogs, starting Marco Polo on Netflix and I'm sure Star Trek tonight.


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Butternut Squash Casserole
Tuesday - Slow Cooked Beans and Ham
Wednesday - Pasta Bake
Thursday - Tacos
Friday - Smoked Sausage Hash
Saturday - Ham and Cheese Quesadillas, Yellow Rice
Sunday - Grilled Hotdogs, Homemade Hotdog Buns, Fries


The next two weeks I'm keeping the menu very simple.

What I am creating at the moment::::
A Christmas gift for my sister in law.   

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
Nothing, I am considering getting rid of this category for the moment because there is nothing I've been creating lately. 

Favorite photo from the camera::::

Storm moving in
 
Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV)


PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I hate how dark it is when it's really time to get up. My mind knows it's time, but my body wants to snuggle down in since the outside thermometer starts with a 3 (thank the cloudy skiesor we too would be in the 20's)!

LOL I got rid of a couple categories this week too to keep it simple with BLOGMAS and Christmas prep going on.

Have a GREAT week.

Debbie said...

Hope you feel better soon.

The laundry pile always seems to be there doesn't it!!

Have a great week.

Anna said...

I've made several homemade powder creamers, maybe your friends can do that. It isn't quite the same, but it's probably pretty close.

I've read White Christmas Pie, it's a good book. ;-)

Have a good Week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Sorry things are crazy today and just couldn't make HHM - but will get it done next week! Loved catching up on yours though ;0)

Prayers to your hubby for his test! Life keeps getting busier - but loving blogmas so much and will keep working to keep up with them.
So fun!! God bless xo

Amy at love made my home said...

Your dinners for the week sound great! I hope that you are feeling better by now and that your husbands exams went well! Have a good week. xx