Thursday, January 10, 2008

103 and not budging!

I'm off to the doctors with Jasmine this morning, her fever is just not budging. Once I give her the medicine, it drops down to 100 but as soon as it wears off, she's back at 103.

Poor kid is tired, she's weak from being in bed and from this horrible fever and we need to figure out what is going on.

I've left my Slow Cooking Post up for today, it's just below this one.

Please say a little prayer for this fever to go and for this cold or whatever it is to finally subside....poor child has been through the ringer the past few days, first with her eye and now this.

What a way to start the new year!

Blessings,


UPDATE: Took her to the doctor and they tested her for strep throat, thankfully it was negative. Doctor says she has a really bad flu and just keep doing what I'm doing, plenty of fluids, broth and motrin or tylenol for the fever and body aches.

We got home and I gave her the children's motrin....she took an hour nap and then woke up and said she was really dizzy, felt like she was tumbling around. I think it was due to the fact that she has really not had much to eat the past two days, she's weak and then the medicine obviously is a bit strong. After some chicken soup and some orange cake, she's feeling MUCH MUCH better, her fever is down to 99º and she's actually playing a game on the computer.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers, I know they have helped :)

26 comments:

Renee said...

Hope Jasmine feels better soon! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Jill said...

Sorry to hear she's feeling so bad. Hope she gets better soon!

Annie said...

I pray she is well very soon! (and I believe that she will be!)
Hugs to you too Sandra.

Erika said...

I hope she gets to feeling better soon. That sounds like a nasty flu. Good luck with the doctor.

Eden said...

Oh Sandra. I'll be praying that Jasmine gets over this asap. Poor sweet girl!

I'm totally out of the loop and trying to get back into the swing of things.

I love your new look. I'll be back later to see how Jasmine is doing.

Hugs,
Eden

Katy said...

oh my goodness :( poor girl!!! I Hope she starts to feel better soon!!! I pray the dr can get her some meds to help her feel back to herself!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying too, poor Jasmine. Hugs.
☆*´Sarah`*☆

jennwa said...

I really hope she feels better soon.
I will definitely say a prayer.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Jasmine's temperature is down and that she is starting to feel better.

Susanne said...

Chicken soup, orange cake and the love of mommy are the best medicine in the world. Hope she's 100% really soon!

Mari said...

Poor kid - she has had a week! Glad it's nothing worse and I'll be praying for her (and you!)

Bonnie said...

Who wouldn't feel better after chicken soup and orange cake ?! :) Glad she's on the mend ...

crystal said...

Hang in there :) It's so hard to watch your children suffer. Thanks for the update.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Sandra,
I'm sorry that Jasmine has been sick. Glad you took her to the doctor and that Strep Throat was ruled out. I'm glad to know she is feeling some better. I will continue to pray for her and that she will continue to get better. I know when our girls have a high fever, I give them Tylenol and then on the 4th hour, I give them Motrin. I repeat this until the fever comes down. Fever usually does go up at night. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

the said...

Its the worst when they are sick, we wish it was us rather than them ! Glad to hear she is doing better, hope it continues!

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

Hope Jasmine is up and running around again soon. My grandson has had the same thing for 5 days now. We'll keep you all in our prayers. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes. Blessings, LeAnn

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry she was hit so hard with this! Praying that she continues to do better!

So today was supposed to be Kayla's first day back to school after an almost 3 wk winter break - yeah supposed to be - guess who else got sick on their first day back! She threw up her breakfast this morning :( Thankfully she's been ok the rest of the day though.

Jillina said...

poor jasmine is having a terrible time!! i hope she feels better, and soon!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to read she's on the mend! Hugs. xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is horrible. I talked about how my husband and son got a fever for no explainable reason. No stomach ache, no body ache, no headache, no ear infection, just a fever of 103 everyday for three days. Luckily, they didn't have the flu just a bug. I cannot stand a fever without an explanation as they are supposed to accompany the fight of an infection. LOL, if you know where the infection is then you can stop it. I really hope she feels better soon.

Anonymous said...

"Oh BUMMER, thats not good at all!!" I hope she feels better soon Sandra! Come by and check out a special surprise that awaits you my friend!
XOXO
Jeannene

Eden said...

Glad to hear that Jasmine is on the mend! Praise the Lord!

Courtney said...

Thank goodness it wasn't too serious!
I hope she's doing even better today & you can all have a relaxing weekend!!

Lulu said...

hope she is feeling much better today..
prayers and hugs,

Renee said...

Just stopping by to see how Jasmine is. Hope she's feeling better!

Renee'

Heart 4 My Home said...

I sure don't like to hear that little ones are ill. But know that I will be praying for a speedy recovery.

~Nichole~