Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The "can't think of a title" post......

Mountain Home AFB Stables


I woke up with a cold. Yes, I think......honestly I don't really know what it is LOL I am congested, sneezing, my eyes are watery and my voice sounds like I've been up all night with a bottle of bourbon and some good cigars. Curt thinks it's sexy, I personally think it's creepy. *shrug*

It's going to be a slow day, I can tell. I've had one cup of coffee but I look over to the counter and feel like the coffee machine is taunting me "have another, have another, you know you want to" and really, who am I to deny such a great suggestion? So because I've already had one normal cup, I decided to spice it up a bit, I like trying new things.....so I'm going to leave you for a minute, just to run over and grab another.

Ok I'm back with a Mocha Coffee, some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and BOY is it good. I actually got the inspiration from Kelli this morning, I was on my first cup of coffee when I went to her blog and read this post. I mean, come on now....you can't just expect me to walk away and do nothing about it?

Same way I couldn't make Tamale Pie last night and have just one serving. Go ahead and make fun of me, throw out the comments about how fattening it is and how many calories or whatever....but my hips were happy and that made ME happy, which in turn made the kids happy and in turn made the daddy happy. So you see, I really was just thinking about the family's welfare? LOL


If you think you're that much stronger than I, go ahead and see if you can resist a bite of it. Here you go.

I have a question for you all about my Food Blog, I really only post in there mostly as a place for me to keep an archive of my recipes but obviously I get happy when I see a comment here and there and know that someone has tried a recipe and enjoyed it. Now the thing is, I see SO many visitors each day but yet weeks go by without a single comment on any of the recipes LOL
Why? I guess I never understood this blogging thing, what makes some blogs get tons of comments even when they're just talking about the weather, and some get nothing?

Could one of you bloggy experts explain the intricacies of blogging to this confused soul?

But now moving on to some sad news............Heath Ledger!

Medium_batman2020heath20ledgerrxkbl

I don't know him personally, of course, but he was one of my favorite actors and it's just extremely sad to think that he is gone, a young man with amazing talent, gone, just like that. It's the kind of news that you find yourself watching on tv and in complete denial........, I still can't believe he's really dead. My heart goes out to his daughter Matilda and his family and friends.

And here I sit with his movie "A Knight's Tale" in my hand....I had just picked it out of our movie cabinet a few days ago wanting to rewatch it. How's that for weird?

Anyway, this brings my thoughts to the soldiers overseas too, because everyday there is one seriously hurt or killed and I don't think we focus enough on them and their families. So please, if you have a spare moment, say a prayer for the troops in Iraq and everywhere else they may be, pray that they stay safe and that they return home to their families soon.

With that I'm heading out, here's my to do list for today:
  1. 3 baskets of clean laundry to put away
  2. Take out chicken and sausage for tonight's Chicken and Sausage Ragu
  3. Try to catch up on my reading "A Wanted Man" by Linda Lael Miller

20 comments:

Jillina said...

I was listening to the radio last night when it happened, the radios here lit up like Christmas trees with police updates and the likes. I didn't hear much after I got home though. Do you think it was really drugs? How sad, he was such a fine actor.

Well, I hope your cold thing goes away. I call it "The Crappy" because a doctor will say "take two of these and don't call me" often handing out---hehe---ibuprofin. ;)

That tamale pie looks like it could harm my waistline. -.-

hugs

Cheri said...

It is so sad- such a young life- just gone. The news just said they have to do further testing- the autopsy was inconclusive.

Hope your cold is a quick one!

Jen said...

I was devastated to hear of Heath Ledgers death....I really enjoyed him as an actor.

Your dinner tonight sounds really good.

Katy said...

Aw, i am sorry you aren't feeling well! I hope you are back to par soon! :)
I know what you mean about the whole blog/comment thing you were talking about...i have no idea why some get tons of traffic and others dont? Maybe on your food blog..people print out the recipe but don't comment? I am not sure?

yes, very sad about Heath Ledger....and you are right...there are so many soldiers and people all over the world who are passing at a young age from things. We should all keep in prayer for the families and that as many as possible have a heart for christ!

Again, i hope you feel better!!! :) have a good Wednesday!

Laura said...

I didn't even know who Heath was, I've never seen one of his movies.

I'm not sure I can understand the comment thing. I don't think it's a reflection of the person's blog at all, just one of those things I guess.

Enjoy your dinner tonight, yum!

Anonymous said...

I was envying your weather, as I was waiting for the comment box to open...The high today is 16!!

Anyway, the thing that I have seen affect comments is leaving comments on other blogs. I don't want to put that much energy in, so I don't have a ton of readership, either.

You reminded me of myself with 3 baskets of clean laundry! :)

Anonymous said...

The first thing that came to my mind was; "Home on the Range" for your title Sandra.

But yes, this quite devastating anyone who leave us is very sad. I am very sad to hear at a young age too! He was so talented!

All my love today. I hope you feel better Sandra,
XOXO
Jeannene

Bonnie said...

If that yummy looking hot drink doesn't make you feel better, I don't know what will !!! looks good !!

Such a bummer about Heath. I was thinking about it last night before I fell asleep. Thinking about all of his movies ... 10 Things I Hate About You is one of my faves !! That was Heath, right ?!

Anyway ... hope you have a good day and are feeling better real soon !!

Oh ... and I don't know why some people leave comments and some don't ... I have a Receipe Blog too ... The visitors are regular but the comments aren't. Maybe people don't know what to say before they cook it and then forget once they do cook it ?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandra,
I can't figure that out either. I was ready to give up blogging. Then I woke up today and I feel better.
Here a big hug.
((((())))
Elizabeth

Mari said...

I'm sad about Heath too - he seemed to have things together.
I started a recipe blog too, mainly to keep my regular one from being too filled up. I have vistors but no comments. I know that I have visited some recipe blogs - including yours, but usually leave comments on the persons regular blog instead. I don't know why.
Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

I've done a look back at my childhood post if you want to pop over for a visit.

I hope you feel better you {{{{poor thing}}}}, everyone here has a cold again, except me...so far!!

Jasmine's hair is so gorgeous, so shiny and a lovely colour. My chatterbox's hair is golden blonde and looks like it has been highlighted at the hairdressers (but it's natural) I have to pay to get it blonde, lol.

Hugs
Sarah x

jennwa said...

You should be glad I am not your neighbor. I would be at your house every night for dinner. Or at least have my nose pressed up against your dining room window. Your recipes are mouth watering.

Also thanks for reminding me to pray for the soldier, they are doing brave and noble work and they deserve our prayers and thanks, and so do their families.

Renee said...

Hope your feeling better soon! My husband LOVES tamale pie and I lost the recipe in our many moves across the country. I am SO excited to see your recipe and will be trying it out soon! Thank you!!

Brandy said...

Hi I am Brandy, I found your page through Sarah over at a bend in the road. I didn't even know that he had passed away until I ready your blog. That is so sad. I am also sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I take theraflu warming, best stuff in the world! I love it. I also love your blog it is so pretty.

kelly said...

um, i'm embarrassed to say i read both this & your food blog & never realized they were both you-oops!
feel better!

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra :) I'm sorry to hear that you've got a cold.hope that you feel better soon thanks for the blog visit.

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Sandra,
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling bad. Take 2 Asprins and call me in the morning. LOL. Just a little humor there. Your Mocha Coffee looks good. I've never done mine that way. I just like my coffee with regular creamer. Your Tamale Pie looks so good. Hey, if it taste's good, then I say go for it. Like I always say, "If Momma Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy". LOL. That's what my DH tells everyone too. And you were thinking of your Families welfare. Ouch, you hit on a nail with me. LOL. I talk about the weather and what we get and don't get. I don't know why I do, but I do. I guess because I'm a weather freak. LOL. I have to stay on top of the weather. I haven't tried any new recipes lately from here in Blogland. I always say I'm going to have to make it or it looks good. Since we have been having financial difficulties, it's been hard on us to buy anything extra. I have to cook what our budget will allow and then too, some of the things that are used in recipes, we don't have those here at our local grocery store. I would have to drive 30 miles just to get that certain thing. With the way Gas Prices are, I just cook what I have to cook with. Am I making any sense here? LOL. I got your email and "THANK YOU" very much. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Eden said...

Your tamale pie looks very yummy! Now I'm hungry! lol

Very sad about Heath.

I am soo with you on the whole comment thing. According to my site meter, I get anywhere from 20-50 visitors daily, but I'm lucky if I get 1-10 comments. I find it very depressing. I know that I'm writing for myself and family, but at the same time, I just want to know that someone out there reads what I write and expresses something back to me. lol Kinda like talking to alot of friends and getting feedback. When I don't get any "feedback/comments", I feel alone. I have issues apparently. Maybe I shouldn't share this. lol

Also, I've noticed that if I take the time to comment on about 50 blogs, I get about 10-15 comments back. So, I guess it's kind of like: if i show some "love", I get some in return. If that makes any sense.

Hugs,
Eden

gail@more than a song said...

I've been drinking tons of hot chocolate, too much I think. I like to add peppermint to mine or peppermint creamer but it's so good with whipped cream on top.
That tamale pie looks really good too!

The Frugal Apprentice said...

Hi Sandra,

I started to cry when I heard about Heath Ledger. It's just such a waste, like River Phoenix... both such fine actors and so young. Heath was one of my favorites too -- I loved him with his dark hair "10 Things I Hate About You" and golden locks in "A Knight's Tale" -- His death just made me think about how EASY it can be to not be here anymore. So sad.

Sherry