Friday, January 18, 2008

And just like that it's it's gone........

http://daddydaze.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/tantrum.gif

Could someone point me in the direction of the kids on/off attitude button? Please!!!

I just realized yesterday that there has to be a button hidden somewhere under those cute faces, just HAS to be. There is no way that they can be sweet and sugary one minute and then back sassing and downright annoying the next......I have to believe that there's a way to control this LOL

Thank you all for the wonderful insight and advice you've given me about Jasmine and dealing with kids in general, so what I got from it was....

  • It's a phase but it never really runs out *snort*
  • It's normal - doesn't make me any happier, but ok.....lol
  • I'm not the only one dealing with it - YAY (sorry but really, I'm just glad I'm not alone lol)

She was just pleasant as can be yesterday, like nothing had happened. I'm sure she was doing this behind my back though

Just a feeling I get! *shrug*

Anyway, I just finished updating my food blog, I've added recipes for Chicken Enchiladas and my Fettucine Alfredo, I also redid the recipe for the Feijoada (Portuguese beans). So if you're interested, or hungry or just bored, whichever the case.......go on over and take a look. If anything just go click on the photos, there's nothing like food up close to make you hungry LOL

I'm slowly going to make my rounds around blogland, I just hope you have coffee and a bag of energy for me, if not, I may just end up asleep on your couch.

I think some of you gave me awards or meme's or something, I truly apologize for not having done them, maybe this weekend since Curt has weekend duty and I'll be home alone with the kids. Just hope their OFF buttons are working right or else


My allergies are having a field day today, the construction across the street is picking up again and there's so much dust around, it's hard to breathe........I look out my front door and that is what I see, I just want to walk over there and tell them to knock it off, but that would be wrong and uncalled for. So I'll take my Claritin and be off in happy land LOL

No, but seriously, the allergies are frustrating as all heck to deal with. I never had any until last year April and then suddenly it hit me so hard I had no idea what it was, I honestly confused an allergy attack for a really bad congested nose, which in turn made me continuously use nose spray which in TURN made me get....uhhhh......I can't for the life of me remember the name, but it's when your nose then goes beserk has an adverse reaction to it. The more you use them the more congested it becomes until you feel like your whole head is about to explode.

So not a pretty thing. Maybe I really should go across the street and have a talk with them? LOL

I'm about to throw my dinner into the crockpot, with the allergies the last thing I want to do is....well........anything actually. I got the whole house cleaned yesterday, the laundry is all done and put away, the bathrooms and kitchen are clean, the bedrooms are tidy and the beds are made. There really isn't anything for me to do today other than feed the kids and husband when time calls for it.....wow! It feels good knowing that I can do nothing but read or catch up online or watch tv. Doesn't happen very often around here!

I'm going to head out and get the Best Chili Ever started, then make lunch for Nicholas and I. I'll leave you with some photos of Sun City in South Africa. It's one of my favorite places to go for the day and the kids are dying to visit.

http://www.toursforsouthafrica.com/Johan2.jpg

http://www.satraveller.com/Suncity033.JPG

http://www.sun-city.za.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/vallley-of-the-waves-sun-city%204.jpg

http://www.africastay.com/images/screenshots/4575-2.jpg

http://www.stansbie.co.uk/blog/SunCity.jpg

15 comments:

Renee said...

Hope your feeling better! I'll definitely be checking out your new recipes. The pictures of South Africa are exquisite! Thanks for sharing them.

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Sandra,
Well, I'm glad the Button has settled down for now. Hopefully it won't pop up again this weekend. I know when my DH has to leave to go back out on the road it seems like he's not gone 30 minutes and it all starts up. I do think they do that behind our backs when we aren't looking. LOL. After all, did we not do it when we were that age? LOL. I know I did a few times. LOL. I will have to check on those new recipes you posted. I don't have time today, but maybe over the weekend I can do it. They do sound yummy tho. I just finished eating a potted meat sandwhich. I love potted meat. Sometimes I open a can and scramble an egg with it and that is really good. Sorry to hear about your allergies. I would go over across the street and tell them to move it elsewhere. LOL. Hey, Happyland can be good sometimes. LOL. Those are some beautiful pictures of Sun City in South Africa. "THANK YOU" for sharing them with us. When you eat your Chilli tonight, eat some for me. We have another ball game tonight and will have to eat on the run as they say. Take care my friend and have a great afternoon. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

If you find the button tell me where it is lol.

Gorgeous pictures.

I like the sound of best chilli ever. I made the best lasagne ever you recommended and it was a hit. I posted a picture of it on my blog a few days ago I was so pleased with it!

Hugs n' love
Sarah

Bonnie said...

Those photos are stunning !! I love them ! I've never been anywhere in Africa - except one time when we were living in Spain we took a ferry across to Morocco. But I don't remember so it doesn't really count ! My husband and I are really hoping to get there in the next couple of years.

I love days where there is nothing to do. Had one of them recently ... well, almost. You'll laugh, I think, when you read what happened. Day Off?

Jillina said...

You need a vacation. :)

At least Jasmine is talking. Zachary has picked up this little trick of standing staring with a blank look when you try to talk to him. I would prefer to see him show some emotion and slam doors or whatever, but this blank look is the most frustrating thing EVER. Especially when he's being asked something important! AYUFTGQWKD

Don't worry, you're going to start a mantra about your trip soon, and it'll mellow you all out a whole lot! I bet you'll come back happy and refreshed!

I have a funny story about someone we love to hate, I'll post it in my blog... :)

::HUGS::

Jen said...

Hey girl...I hope you feel better soon. Allergies are no fun. You know I didnt have much to do today either..I napped actually and colored with Miller....good times.

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra.Find the button!!!lol..And when you do could you please let me KNOW??haha.Thanks for the blog visit.And Love the pictures of South Africa..hugs for a better weekend.

jennwa said...

Those chicken enchiladas look wonderful.
I hope you feel better soon.Allergies are a pain.
Those are amazing pictures of South Africa. Wow!!
Hope you have a great weekend.

smilnsigh said...

-tee hee hee- No particular help from Blog Land, with *K-I-D-S* hu? ,-) Yeah, what can I say...

Let's see ~ No one seems to have said my standard... "Just wait and they'll grow up and their own kids will drive them nutty!" -heh heh heh-

Courage!

And that looks like a super place to visit!

Mari-Nanci

Mari said...

Sun City looks wonderful! If it's any consolation to you, you not alone with the allergy issue. For some reason mine are kicking in and it's snowing and cold here. Go figure! It does take the zip out of a person, doesn't it?

La Dolce Vita with LeAnn said...

I do hope everyone gets better soon at your house. Still you amaze me with your get up and go! If you decide to drop by and fall asleep I just cleaned the guest bedroom, no couch for you. Love the pictures and recipes. I just finished Left to Tell by Immaculee Ilibagiza. It is about the Rwandan Holocaust ~ what a spiritual journey. Check it out when you have a few minutes to yourself...lol

Blessings,
LeAnn

Anonymous said...

Oh My.. your pictures look heavenly!
Thanks for the comment on my blog, and I've also added you to my blogroll!
Have a super weekend!

Unknown said...

Sun City looks so inviting, mind if I tagged along when you go. I have never been there for sure...Hope the allergies are better, and also the kids...:)

Katy said...

oh my goodness...my daughter is 6 and also has this attitude with me...and I think to myself "where does this come from?" She can be soo sweet one second and then BAM...she starts the attitude/whiney stuff. Drives me crazy!!! I am totally right there with you!!!!

Unknown said...

those pics look so much like The Atlantis Resort. WOW! I want to visit too....take me with you!