Monday, January 14, 2008

I feel like I've been put through the ringer.....

Which way is up? Cause I can't really tell, I woke up this morning and didn't even know what day it was.

Having a sick child just takes everything out of you, it's not just the emotional toll, but physically you have to find the strength somewhere, anywhere. I won't say I LOVE sleep, but I do enjoy a few hours a night, at least....just saying!

Jasmine seems to be doing better, I think her fever finally broke yesterday, but the poor thing has been laying around complaining she's tired and not feeling well. She has this horrible cough now and a congested nose, two things that she didn't in the beginning, but what can we do? It's all part of the cold and I'm sure it will take a few more days to completely get over everything.

She tried to go to a friend's house yesterday, but after one hour of being there and just watching tv, she had to come home. Climbed into my bed and stayed there until dinner.

Now this is where it gets to me.........I KNOW that this is normal and I KNOW that when I'm sick, I am tired and want to just lay in bed and sleep. But when it's one of my children, all of that goes out the window, suddenly I'm looking at every little pain and every moan differently and my mind is annoying....to say the least. It just won't stop with the "what if's" UGH UGH!

Anyway, she's going back to school this morning, and she's looking forward to it, I've already told her not to overdo it, take it easy and not just jump in as if nothing's happened....we'll see how things go.

So it's Monday morning huh? Who knew? LOL

I have yet to do my menu plan for this week, or my grocery list for tomorrow, wow, I'm really behind. I know you noticed I haven't been around your blogs either. I'm sorry, I truly apologize and will try to make some time today for it. But you see, the house has been suffering too, it's yelling at me "Clean Me, Wash Me, Sweep Me"......not in that particular order, but just mumbled and thrown at me every hour or so, and since I live in it I figure I may want to answer it's call..... for fear of retaliation. Go ahead and laugh but I know the house can retaliate, light bulbs going out, dishwashers stop working etc. You get the picture!

I'm going to keep this one short, I have so much to catch up on and not enough hours in the day. I hope you're all having a wonderful Monday....

God Bless,

16 comments:

Mari said...

You are so right - when it's your kid that's sick all rational thoughts are gone! I think all of us moms are the same that way. Take it easy and hang in there - she's on the road to recovery!

Michelle said...

It's so hard when your child is sick.Poor thing :(
Here's to a better week.hugs

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Sandra,
I'm glad Jasmine is feeling better and was able to go to school this morning. It's always so rough on us Mother's when our kids are sick. I do hope you won't over do it and take care of yourself. Us Mother's have to be the strong ones and keep the fort down. Don't worry about the not visiting part, we totally understand especially when it comes to the kids. Take care my friend and have a great day. Visit when you can. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

Aww lots of hugs Sandra! Hope you get all you need to get done, done. And I hope you get some well deserved rest!
Love n' hugs Sarah x

Jen said...

Good t hear from you today. Glad Jasmine is better. Maybe this week will get back to normal for you.

Kelli said...

Aww..I'm sorry you and your family have been sick, Sandra. I hope you get a good night's rest and feel better soon.
(((hugs)))
Kelli

jennwa said...

I am glad to hear Jasmine is feeling a little better. Now maybe life can get back to normal for you. It is hard to get anything accomplished when you have a sick child.

Jillina said...

Friday evening/night I went and gathered all the kids clothes up, washed/dried, and even folded them! ....then I remembered it was the weekend and I could've waited until Saturday (a normal laundry day..lol) to catch the uniforms up...

...which made Monday seem not so bad.

Hope things clear up for you! Just think, you're going to see your famiy soon!!! :D

Kristin said...

I tagged you on my blog, sheck out my tagged post.

Bonnie said...

I hope Jasmine had a good day at school and that you are able to get some good rest !!

Hey ... I've got a little something for you over at my blog ...

Best Shot Monday and An Award

Amanda said...

hope the babe is feeling better

Courtney said...

I hope she had a good day & the sickies stay far away from you for awhile!
You need a break!
Love & Hugs,
Court

Barb said...

Having a sick child really takes it out of the mom, Sandra. I remember those long sleepless nights and I do NOT miss them.

Hope you both recover and get back to normal real soon.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Sandra,
I'm just dropping by to see how Jasmine and everyone is feeling. I do hope she is feeling much better now. I also hope you have gotten some much needed rest. I wanted to let you know that I am still going to be online. "PRAISE GOD" I was able to pay the Cable & Internet Bill late yesterday afternoon. So, when you have time, stop by and visit when you can. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

smilnsigh said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry you are having such a tough January. Yish.... Courage! February will be here, in a couple of weeks.

Mari-Nanci

Stephanie said...

I hope you (and Jasmine) are all better and have gotten the sleep you need. I know how hard it is when you're sleep deprived, Baby Abby knows exactly when 3 hours has passed from her last feeding. I'm getting too old for this!